HMI TOOL WITH C#
Lasting Software is part of the LASTING Group, the leading Romania-based IT company, active in the national & international IT market for 21+ years.
Lasting Software provides for a wide array of industries, from automotive and production sectors, to mobile communication businesses. We count specific consultancy services, custom software development, software project implementation, outsourcing and QA.
The project is the central tool in the HMI platform solution and it is used by the designers and developers to import, organize, edit and assemble content from various sources (3D models, images, fonts, and other) into a library which serves as resources package for the HMI application.
- Import content: 3D Max and Maya using FBX format, Photoshop, fonts, images (several formats);
- Export content: pack everything into a very-easy-to-access file;
- Compose: create views using a hierarchical data model, adjust object transformations (position, rotation, and so on), create or edit existing animations, prepare text library;
- Extensible functionality: makes the product highly adaptable to new platforms. Also, custom plugins provide new features or integrate external tools;
- Data model SDK: a generated SDK which provides the user the ability to write his own applications for generating compatible content for the product.
Most representative scenario: digital instrument cluster - an HMI application for automotive industry.
A digital instrument cluster product comprises of:
- A graphics-capable hardware (for example NVidia Tegra processor based hardware); - A display connected to the hardware (which replaces the analogic instrument cluster);
- An HMI application that runs on the hardware and provides graphical content to the user through the display. In this scenario, the tool helps building the content for the HMI application: import icons and images for speed, rpm and other components, create animations, build views such as radio, navigation, vehicle info and so on, create transitions between views, set up messages and texts, add sound if necessary and so on.
Main components within the project:
1. UI – the user interface
2. Core – data model and editing services
3. Extensions – plugins and tools
4. Rendering engine – for WYSIWYG real-time editing