IP Planning Network Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs SII Romania active
View all jobs IP Planning Network Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We are a leading technology company who constantly empowers people to envision and reach their full potential.
People are the foundation of our company. This is why we encourage and support them in every initiative and step of their career, valuing talent, energy and commitment over immediate resources’ availability and empty numbers. The engine of our growth and performance is being powered by their
open-mindedness, fairness, and team spirit.
What sets us apart is our ability to take up new challenges and learn every day in our common effort to exceed our customers’ expectations and expand the frontiers of technology innovation.
We identify gifted, open-minded and committed specialists, willing to evolve both as professionals and as human beings and we put all our efforts in helping them perform at their best.
We welcome people:
• Eager to take on new challenges and learn new things;
• Who put their heart, mind, and soul into everything they do;
• Who enjoy sharing knowledge and have team spirit.
If you are ready to engineer your future, join our team now!
• Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or equivalent experience) or combination of related education and experience.
• Good understanding of operator business drivers and technologies in the IP network areas.
• Broad overview of IP technologies. Good acquaintance with TCP / IP protocols and networks
• Experience of IP Planning and Design on Telecom/ISP based networks
• Working knowledge of MPLS, IS-IS, MPBGP, OSPF,L2VPN
• Working knowledge of QoS in IP networks (CBWFQ, WRED, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Cisco routers/ switches and IOS, preferably on CCNP level
• Working knowledge of ALU router/ switches required
• Working knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls (CCSA, CCSE certifications desirable)
• Working knowledge of Juniper firewalls required
• Working knowledge of Extreme switches
• Nice to have experience on F5 BigIP equipment
• Working knowledge of Cisco ASA firewalls and loadbalancers, ACS administration and SSL
• IP Certifications on Juniper and/or Cisco are required. Desirable CCNP level (CCNP SP, JNCIS-FW is a plus)
• At least 5 years relevant working experience (in the branch)
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate both an excellent understanding and practical experience of implementation and troubleshooting in Security.
• Presentation and communication skills, able to advise in a convincing way, verbally as well as on paper
• ability to work with teams from different locations
• Knowledge sharing & Collaboration skills
• Strong knowledge of English language, spoken and written
• Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations; understand the interest of internal and external customers
• Deciding & Initiating Action
• Planning & Organizing: working according to processes and procedures, in a time efficient manner
• Customer consulting skills, ability to link the customer requests to our services and service development
• Analytical & task oriented
• Cost awareness
• Social skills & awareness
• Problem Solving & strategic thinking
• Responsible, service minded, flexible, taking initiatives, highly motivated - self-starter
Responsible for the end to end service or resource specific coordination, management, execution & managing the projects of the following activities:
• Service & Resource; long & medium term planning & design, as part of the Infrastructure & Product Lifecycle Management. Resource here must be understood as the complete Operator's network & IS/IT infrastructure under the scope of the MS contract. This Service Function (SF) must ensure the best cost effective design, the adequate network & technology evolution & ensure the consistency of the service & resource
• Short term planning, service & resource engineering, responsible for the detailed design of new or enhanced services or resources, supporting the deployment of the solution & ensuring that it meets the project requirements
• Post-incident analysis as part of the Problem Management process & for approving any change that affects the network (or service) topology
• Network (& Service) performance management & capacity management, responsible to ensure that the services or resources are performing adequately & that enough capacity is available to meet the business requirements & growth projections. This function will prompt the need for a specific network optimization.
Responsibilities & Tasks
• Implement and optimize IP network infrastructure, within existing guidelines and procedures, keeping in mind the business and/or project requirements
• Planning implementation activities reserving resources, conforming to High Level Designs/ Low Level Designs within the framework of existing processes and procedures, to ensure the activities can be done within the agreed planning
• Build, configure, optimize, test and accept new network elements, conforming to designs and change management procedures, to implement and activate new services or capacity upgrades with a minimum of disruption of the availability of the service
• Prepare changes following the local change regime in the live network of the operators and execute then after customer approval
• Testing new configuration in the customer test center
• Loading IP configurations and firewall matrixes to support new services and operators
• Handover to customer back office
• Actively maintain and develop knowledge of the competence area, in order to be able to perform the activities with a sufficient knowledge level
• Advise, deliver input for year plans, recommend technical improvements to Technical Managers, Project Managers and Performance and Quality Managers, in order to contribute to the optimization of the networks.