Senior Consultant GPS
Our EY Advisory practice uses its sector-focused approach and global delivery capabilities to help manage risk, transform business and public performance and sustain improvement. We mobilize seasoned multi-disciplinary advisory teams to implement our clients' strategies. Our approach is built on one consistent global methodology, a robust knowledge culture and insights from our work around the world.
As senior in our Advisory department, you will work on various advisory engagements in different industry sectors in which EY is acknowledged as a market leader, specifically: financial services, energy and utilities, oil and gas, industrial products, retail and consumer products, real estate, etc.
Your key responsibilities
- As a Public Sector Senior Consultant you will work on advisory engagements related to government and public sector, especially focusing on program and public policies evaluation. Your tasks will include:
- Delivering evaluation and impact assessment work, developing methodologies, gathering and analyzing evidence and writing quality reports for our clients;
- Co-coordinating the work of junior consultants and being a liaison point for external experts, and establishing good working relations with clients;
- Helping to grow EY business by preparing tenders and identifying and pursuing opportunities in new and existing markets.
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge of English at intermediate level or above
- Confidence in PC use (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To qualify for the role you must be
- Graduate Degree in one of the areas: economics, political science, social sciences. A Master’s Degree Diploma obtained from an international university is an asset.
- Excellent English knowledge. French and/or Italian knowledge is an asset.
- Professional experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a consultancy company and/or experience within a research institute specialized in social sciences.
- Participation in at least one research study in social sciences. Experience in a public policy evaluation is an asset.
- Experience in using qualitative (use of focus-groups, panels of experts, interviews, etc.) and/or quantitative research techniques (descriptive and inferential statistics, use of SPSS or STATA).
- Experience in and/or thorough knowledge of the European Regional or Cohesion Policy. In-depth knowledge of the Romanian Structural and Cohesion Instruments System. Knowledge of the Common Agricultural Policy is an asset.
- International professional experience is an asset.
What we look for
We are looking for a new team member prepared to begin working in a friendly team from February 2018, who has a feeling for and an interest in governance and the public sector. If you dream of a career in an international company, with high focus on development and innovation, this vacancy is for you.
What working at EY offers
We don’t want to brag, but …
We provide more than just a daily supply of fresh fruits, a gym membership and unlimited coffee.
Our motto is above everyone so we obviously have the best view over whole Bucharest.
We highly promote smart working. With flexible working you are able to work from Starbucks where you enjoy your EY employer discounts on delicious Grande, sugar-free, non-fat, vanilla soy, double shot, decaf, no foam, extra hot, peppermint white chocolate mocha with light whip and extra syrup.
But let’s be serious! EY is holding your hand to help you climb up that career ladder. We offer professional trainings, support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around, and thanks to that over 70% of our team members have a chance to grow and get promoted every year.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.