Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) Experienced Senior
Our Assurance Services Department is growing and we need 3 senior FAAS. By becoming a part of EY, you will join a fast growing and dynamically developing department that is one of the key players in the Romanian market.
As senior in Assurance, you will work on various regulatory, finance and accounting developments in different industry sectors in which EY is acknowledged as a market leader, specifically: financial services, energy and utilities, oil and gas, industrial products, retail and consumer products, real estate, etc.
You will have the opportunity to grow within EY pyramid structure, attending training sessions and getting more and more involved in the Financial Services Industry.
Your key responsibilities
- Proves ability in listening to client issues and proposing solutions for solving client’s problems timely and thoroughly
- Analyses evidence, reaches conclusions, identifies issues, and proposes strategies for moderately complex issues, as well as makes decisions related to less complex issues. Manages the daily progress of projects by informing supervisors of engagement status, challenging current procedures to improve work effectiveness and efficiency. May review memoranda and other working papers prepared by less experience staff.
- Participates in meetings with the engagement team and the client, interacts with client personnel.
- Provides guidance to assist staff in reaching their full potential (e.g. willingly addresses questions, contributes constructive on-the-job feedback and training, conducts meaningful and timely performance reviews).
- Fosters teamwork by maintaining cooperative relationships with the client and the engagement team and by accepting and providing constructive feedback.
- Manages their individual time—including accumulating and reporting all chargeable hours, achieve budgeted time estimates, pursuing new responsibilities beyond immediate assignments, using unassigned time for self-education, and working to understand the economics of the practice.
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge of English at intermediate level or above
- Confidence in PC use (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To qualify for the role you must be
- University graduate in accounting or finance would be an advantage.
- In progress to obtain ACCA certification.
- At least 4 year experience working as an senior auditor/senior consultant for a public accounting firm or equivalent and possesses particular business/industry experience to meet special needs
- Understands the full range of services that the firm provides and helps familiarize staff with those services
- Maintains an education program to continually develop technical accounting and management skills consistent with the firm’s professional development requirements
- Availability/willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Strong organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Fluent in English
What we look for
We are looking for a new team member prepared to begin working in a friendly team from February 2018, who has a feeling for and an interest in financial and business. If you wish a career in an international company, with high focus on development and innovation, this vacancy is for you.
What working at EY offers
We don’t want to brag, but …
We provide more than just a daily supply of fresh fruits, a gym membership and unlimited coffee.
Our motto is above everyone so we obviously have the best view over whole Bucharest.
We highly promote smart working. With flexible working you are able to work from Starbucks where you enjoy your EY employer discounts on delicious Grande, sugar-free, non-fat, vanilla soy, double shot, decaf, no foam, extra hot, peppermint white chocolate mocha with light whip and extra syrup.
But let’s be serious! EY is holding your hand to help you climb up that career ladder. We offer professional trainings, support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around, and thanks to that over 70% of our team members have a chance to grow and get promoted every year.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.