2nd line Support Engineer Service Desk
With over 4000 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important independent ICT providers in the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). We help our customers with the development and implementation of applications, infrastructure, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, technical on-site support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Belgium and the Netherlands, we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers.
In addition to the offices in Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Poland, on the Romanian Market, Cegeka has two offices: one in Bucharest and one in Iasi, with more than 400 employees.
We have 3 Business Units: SOFAR – Software Factory Romania; CGMS – Cegeka Global Managed Services Center; STAID - Shared Technology and Infrastructure Delivery.
At SOFAR, our division that deals with software development, the highest number of employees consists of Java, .NET, PHP, Mobile, SharePoint, Computer Vision, Blockchain Developers, reason for which main recruitment focus for this division is also placed on similar profiles.
At CGMSC, our division that deals with infrastructure management, most of the employees are involved in support activities on various environments and technologies, among which we can identify Windows Servers, Linux/Unix, Citrix, VMware etc.
Within STAID, we provide technical support and tools’ configuration through multicultural teams (Romanian and Belgian), that work with and on Networking, Python, MSSql or various security platforms.
Are you authentic, involved, committed and eager to learn? Then you are the best fit to our team of professionals.
We are eager to meet you and answer your questions. See you soon!
You will be part of the 2nd line team of Support Engineers in Belgium and Romania who provide extended support for one of our biggest customers. Your mission is the daily support of our external end-users and to provide timely and professional support through diverse channels of communication. You will also deal with all technical matters assigned to your group and with assigned requests and (non) standard change orders. You will be participating in a shift system that operates Monday to Friday, between 08:00 AM EET – 20:00 EET.
Candidates must possess:
• Minimum 2 year experience as a 1st line Service desk agent, troubleshooting end user related incidents
• Very good knowledge of Microsoft server platforms (Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2008 R2)
• Knowledge in troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Servers
• Good knowledge and experience in working with and troubleshooting Microsoft Active Directory Services
• Proven experience in solving Citrix and Office 365 related incident tickets
• Knowledge of Azure is considered an asset
• Good knowledge and experience with enterprise Antivirus products
• Good knowledge of networking fundamentals
• Excellent knowledge and troubleshooting skills in relation to Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
• Excellent communication skills
• Initiative and drive
• Passion for IT
• Strong team spirit and strong interest and involvement
• Punctuality and flexibility; Schedule adherence is one of the objectives of your activity and it will be taken into account during your performance evaluation
• Ability to listen, learn and improve
• Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of common ITIL processes (incident, problem, request and change management)
• Maturity to work independently and also in close collaboration with your colleagues in Belgium
• Analysis of support tickets received by phone, email or web submit
• Timely updates for every support ticket assigned to your group
• Accurate ticket documentation of the support ticket and troubleshooting steps taken
• Tickets follow-up and escalation in accordance with priority, impact and SLAs
• Intensive search to obtain the desired solutions and proper initiative before escalating to another group
• Ownership and responsibility for all tickets assigned to your queue
• Execution of assigned service requests and (non) standard change orders to your group
• Commercial function, by positively exposing CEGEKA during direct communication with users
• Working in close collaboration with your colleagues to ensure that service delivery to the customer is of the highest standard
• Working in accordance with CEGEKA quality standards, procedures, processes and internal regulations
• Strict adherence to change management procedures before performing any change
• Attendance in trainings and team meetings
• Coaching your 1st line colleagues when needed
• Creating and updating work instructions
Offer (bonuses, benefits):
• Headquarters in the centre of Bucharest (Victoriei Square)
• Flexible working environment within a dynamic team
• We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation, plus extra days in accordance with internal policies
• Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers
• Meal tickets
• Access to a modern library
• Free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
• Preferential rates to 7Card subscription
• Massage within the company premises
• Team events (team-buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
• Relaxation room (foosball, darts, board games, X-box, etc.)
• Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies)
• Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots