PL/SQL Developer (Apex Developer)
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
- At least one year experience using SQL and PL/SQL
- Proven experience designing, building and / or maintaining applications using PL/ SQL and SQL
- Comfortable designing and building online applications from scratch
- Dedicated to understanding the business model and the operational needs
- Comfortable working with multiple data sources and systems
- Able to maintain absolute discretion regarding confidential and / or sensitive information
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good problem solver
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, creativity and commitment
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Excellent Technical Abilities:
- High comfort level and learning curve for applications and analytical tools
Represents a Plus:
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
The main responsibilities include:
- Develop in-house applications to be used by Oracle’s employees and HR professionals, using Oracle APEX.
- Create technical and functional documentation for the applications developed in collaboration with the business analyst / technical writer.
- Abide to internal coding standards and audit requirements.
- Monitor live applications and provide ongoing support, when required (e.g. bug fixing).