Technical Consultant - Mobile Application Development
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
• Experience with one or more of the following Oracle products:
o Oracle WebCenter or ADF Suite of products
o Exposure to Oracle PaaS services is good but not mandatory
• Sales Consulting or customer facing Consulting experience, with a strong record of achievement
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to understand complex technologies and to explain to others in clear and simple terms.
• Ability to articulate clearly and to the point
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries
• Self motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
• Engineering degree in Computer Science or Information Technology degree or higher. Equivalent experience
• Experience working in a technical consulting role
Pre-sales is the function that provides technical product expertise to sales, customers & partners in Oracle. Oracle has a large community of pre-sales consultants across EMEA and APAC that engage in tasks such as:
• Technical demo /POC development, presentations & demonstrations
• Advise customers & partners on how to best use Oracle products
• Respond to tenders
• Interact with product management and the wider SC community about new releases product, new functionality and how to have it positioned to prospects and customers
As a pre-sales consultant you have the chance to develop in a broad spectrum, ranging from product expertise, customer interaction, communication and general IT market knowledge. Successful pre-sales consultants are highly demanded individuals with the possibility to develop a career in many different IT (and non-IT) functions.
The Sales Consulting Centers (SCC) – Solution services is tasked to support EMEA and APAC field pre-sales in a diverse number of ways ranging from answering to tenders, customizing demos, building prototypes to directly supporting partners and/or customers with specific requests.
SCC is looking for individuals with deep technical skills in Mobile application development and Cloud services together with strong communication and presentation skills. Candidates must be a team player willing to work in a challenging international environment.
• Developing custom demos for specific customer opportunities. Translating the customer requirement into a scenario to show to the customer. Developing these prototypes in a very short timeframe
• Responding to Customer Requests for Proposals; Providing savvy technical answers to solution/product questions posed by customers to aid their selection of new products/solutions
• Delivering product training to partners over the web
• Answering technical (pre-sales oriented) questions about Oracle’s products and solutions
• A significant portion of your time will also be used to stay up to date on the latest product releases & Oracle’s strategy. This is done through self study, online training, classroom trainings depending on the topic.