Linux kernel Software Engineer
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
NXP’s Security & Connectivity business unit offers best-in-class security, contactless performance and the most complete solutions to produce unmatched mobile and Internet of Things solutions. Part of this business unit, Microcontrollers & Microprocessor business line is an industry leader in embedded processing. Its scalable portfolio spans from high-performing, many-core application processors to ultra-low-power microcontrollers.
To ensure your success in this role, the following experience is needed:
- Linux Kernel programming
- Proficient with C. Comfortable with C++, Python, shell
- Debugging hardware and low level software
- Embedded systems software development
- Basic embedded hardware knowledge
- Experience with source control (git), issues tracking (JIRA) and CI systems
- Would be a plus:
- ARM architecture knowledge, assembly, bootloader development
- open source contributions
Successful candidates will:
- Become expert in developing and debugging software parts
- Take part in the implementation of Linux BSPs for i.MX Applications Processors
- Face the challenges and opportunities which appear when you build a Linux based operating system
- Work with open source community to upstream NXP patches
- Participate to Linux related conferences (LinuxCon, ELCE)
By joining our Bucharest team, beside an attractive salary package, you will have the opportunity to be part of a high performance and enthusiastic software development team in a secure, pleasant and dynamic work environment.
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals