Linux Application Administrator
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs METRO SYSTEMS ROMANIA active
View all jobs Linux Application Administrator active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
METRO SYSTEMS Romania is a subsidiary of METRO SYSTEMS Germany. Since 2006, when METRO SYSTEMS Romania was established in Bucharest, the number of employees has increased steadily to 800. The second office was founded in Brasov in 2014.Requirements
Why should you join us?
Imagine what you could do here. Your great ideas can become great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We are looking for an agile mindset, which will bring passion and dedication to this job. If your head is in the clouds, but your feet are on the ground you are the perfect match for our CFM Operation Team.
What we’re looking for?
• Provide the availability of productive environments
• Analyze and provide technical solution or distribution to third party of customer incidents
• Develop and maintain Application Administration tools: monitoring and job scheduling scripts
• Interaction with Development, Integration and Deployment for implementing new functionality
• Installation of new patches/releases on the production and test environments
• Participating in Root Cause/Corrective Action activities defined within the product area in
order to further enhance the customer experience
• Defect handling for test environments
• Execution of on-demand requests: new store opening process, data loads, data corrections
• Handling database refreshes specific activities
You’re a great fit if you have:
• Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux and SQL - PL/SQL
• Good knowledge of relational databases - Oracle would be a plus
• University degree in computers science or similar
• Experience with monitoring technology (system configuration/management)
• Experience with one of following tools and providers (Nagios, Control-M, Oracle RUEI, Site Scope, Ping dom, etc.) and best practices
• Ability to work independently as well as having good team skills- be a pro-active contributor to our team
• Passionate focus on customer support and the ability to build long term, successful working relationships with clients
• Good trouble-shooting skills and proactive tenacious attitude to problem solving
• Good communication skills both verbal and written (good command of English)
• Ability to work calmly and professionally in high pressure situations
• Willingness to work on call duty
What we offer?
• Opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies
• Career programs
• Multicultural, Agile environment that encourages new ideas and innovation
• Flexible working hours
• Lunch tickets
• Medical subscription and life insurance
• Private pension
• Fitness centers discounts, sports activities and other company events
• Good transport connections and free parking
• Relaxation area (ping pong, foosball, massage)
• Free Bookster.ro account
• And…fresh orange juice, good coffee, fresh fruits.