Windows Operations Engineer
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Information Technology or related area, may be substituted with years of experience in field.
- Fluent in English
- 1 to 5 years of experience in IT. In depth knowledge of Windows Servers, VMware, Citrix and Dell Server Systems. Basic knowledge of interdependent IT platforms: Networking, Storage, Active Directory, Security. Datacenter and/or large IT environment administration experience is a plus.
Technical Skills needed:
o Advanced skills on Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012R2
o Advanced skills on VMware vSphere 5.x and 6.x
o Advanced skills on Citrix XenApp 6.5 and 7.x
o Advanced skills on Dell Server Systems (Chassis, Blade and Rackable servers, Local and Directly Attached Storage, etc).
o Working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP and Windows Clustering Services.
o Advanced knowledge in using, configuring and administering IT monitoring and management solutions like Microsoft SCCM and VMware vROps.
o Knowledge in datacenter networks, routing, firewalls and virtual LANs.
o Very good understanding of various storage technologies (SAN, NAS, DAS, FC, iSCSI) and solid hands-on experience on managing server side storage devices and interfaces.
o Good knowledge and experience in using LanDesk Solutions for patching and software distribution in large computer environments.
o Knowledge of EMC Enterprise Backup and Recovery Solutions (NetWorker and Avamar).
o Good understanding of enterprise IT production environment, best practices and troubleshooting techniques.
Business and Leadership skills needed:
o Must have excellent customer service orientation and written and verbal communication skills.
o Ability to identify and assess risk to determine action.
o Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
o Experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of end users and management.
o Ability to anticipate user requirements and identify and resolve complex problems; strong customer service and communication skills.
o Good judgment and analytical skills; strong follow-up and organization skills.
o Strong sense of accountability and mission.
o Excellent organization, communications and conflict resolution skills.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal-to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it.
Our client is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Their Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Their Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you'll discover here, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide.
The Windows Operations Engineer provides hands-on day-to-day technical support for the following technologies and systems located in two $50 million global datacenters, two regional datacenters and local sites:
- Microsoft Windows Servers: Over 3000 Windows 2008R2 and 2012R2 Servers.
- VMware vSphere: Over 170 ESX hosts and 5 vCenters, supporting over 2000 virtual systems.
- Citrix XenApp: Over 600 XenApp 6.5 and 7.x servers supporting 200 published applications and 25,000 users, NetScaler MPX appliances in Global Load Balancing and High Availability architecture.
- Dell Hardware: Over 900 Dell Rack and Blade servers and chassis.
This individual will be responsible for administration, monitoring, uptime, performance, security, patching and troubleshooting and participates in On Call weekend support and Operations Center schedule.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical support and documentation for over 3000 Windows servers both physical and virtual (VMware vSphere).
- Support VMware environment including all aspects of server administration and host environment.
- Provides Citrix technical support for enterprise Citrix XenApp 6.5 and 7.x server farms.
- Maintains Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and all components/services including Active Directory, DNS, NTFS, DHCP, Print Services, FTP, HTTP, TCP/IP, ICA and others.
- Responsible for maintaining and deploying security patches to the server environment by following standard patching methodology.
- Monitors system logs, activity and performance on all servers daily, using Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and VMware vRealize Operations Manager (vROPS).
- Maintain technical DR readiness.
- Works with users to troubleshoot and solve operational issues. Responsible for coordinating recovery in the event of system failure.
- Perform routine auditing of system configuration compliance with established build standards. Verify changes are in accordance change control management.
o Professional team , international clients
o Performance bonuses
o 13th salary
o Certifications depending on the projects and skills needed