Unix/Linux Administrator (L2)
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Oracle Solaris or equivalent certification preferred.
Technical Skills needed:
- 1-3 years of system administration experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Oracle Solaris environments and experience with tasks as shell scripting, creating cron jobs, analyzing log files, managing user accounts and groups.
- Experience with scripting languages (bash, perl, python).
- Experience with virtualization technologies(Oracle LDOM, Solaris zones, VMware ESX)
- Experience with server related technologies(e.g. RAID arrays, LVM, SAN, NAS)
- Knowledge/experience with TCP/IP, IP ROUTING, SSH/SFTP/SCP, DNS, NFS, SSL, HTTP, SMTP
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity in Unix/Linux environment
- Experience working in a large datacenter (200+ servers)
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts and practices
- Strong knowledge of enterprise production environment best practices and troubleshooting techniques.
- Familiarity with HP Service Manager is a plus.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal: to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it.
Our client is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Their Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Their Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you'll discover here, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide.
The Unix/Linux Administrator provides hands-on day-to-day technical support for Unix & Linux systems. The scope of this position includes support for over 1500 Unix & Linux servers, most of them are located in two global datacenters and two regional datacenters.
This individual will be responsible for administration, monitoring, uptime, performance, security, patching and troubleshooting and participates in On Call rotation and Operations Center schedule.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support and documentation for over 1500 Oracle Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux - both physical and virtual (Solaris Zones, Oracle LDOMs and VMware).
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Work with vendors and datacenter technicians for installing/troubleshooting/replacing hardware as necessary.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Work with users to troubleshoot and solve operational issues. Responsible for coordinating recovery in the event of system failure.
- Maintain Oracle Solaris and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server operating systems and all components/services including Authentication, DNS, File Systems, DHCP, PRINT SERVICES, FTP, TCP/IP and others.
- Provide operating system level support to application developers and performs server migrations
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Provide tuning, troubleshooting and analysis for improving environment performance
- Ensure the monitoring systems are setup correctly and review the alerting policies on a regular basis.
- Review the alerts generated by the monitoring systems that we have in the environment and take appropriate action
- Work with other IT groups, business leads, consultants and other stakeholders to develop, test, and maintain procedures for Disaster Recovery (DR). Maintain technical DR readiness.
- Utilize ticketing system to address and resolve customer work requests
o Professional team , international clients
o Performance bonuses
o 13th salary
o Certifications depending on the projects and skills needed