Junior Java Developer
With over 3600 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important independent ICT providers in the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). We help our customers with the development and implementation of applications, infrastructure, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, technical on-site support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Belgium and the Netherlands, we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers.
In addition to the offices in Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Poland, on the Romanian Market, Cegeka has two offices: one in Bucharest and one in Iasi, with more than 330 employees.
We have 3 Business Units: SOFAR – Software Factory Romania; CGMS – Cegeka Global Managed Services Center; STAID - Shared Technology and Infrastructure Delivery.
At SOFAR, our division that deals with software development, the highest number of employees consists of Java, .NET, PHP, Mobile, SharePoint, Computer Vision, Blockchain Developers, reason for which main recruitment focus for this division is also placed on similar profiles.
At CGMSC, our division that deals with infrastructure management, most of the employees are involved in support activities on various environments and technologies, among which we can identify Windows Servers, Linux/Unix, Citrix, VMware etc.
Within STAID, we provide technical support and tools’ configuration through multicultural teams (Romanian and Belgian), that work with and on Linux/Unix, Networking, Python, MSSQL or various security platforms.
Are you authentic, involved, committed and eager to learn? Then you are the best fit to our team of professionals.
We are eager to meet you and answer your questions. See you soon!
• Excellent knowledge of Java/J2EE version 6 & 8, Spring, Oracle (SQL)
• Good knowledge of technologies like Java, Maven, Tomcat, Webservices
• Basic level experience in Ibatis, Swing, GiT, GWT
• Tools: Eclipse/ IntelliJ, Jenkins, JUnit, Jira, Cucumber [Testing]
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Develop new features front to back as part of an Agile/Scrum team
• Ensure the delivery of high quality solutions to agreed specifications and within agreed time scales
• Assure the corrective maintenance
• Drive innovation by coming up with new ideas for our products and processes
• Point out issues with the existing architectures and codes on different projects, followed by active involvement in order to clean it up
• Maintain a close relationship with the French team and ensure that the final result responds to its needs
Core Values Required:
Willing to learn and improve
Good problem-solving skills
Flexible to different technologies and projects
What we offer:
Flexible working environment within a dynamic team
We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation + additional vacation days according to the internal policies
Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies)
Continous learning and improvement activities (reading groups, competency centers, video sessions on Pluralsight, Events: process related-Agile/Scrum/Kanban, coding oriented TDD Kata)
Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers
Free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
Massage within the company premises
Team events (teambuildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
Long term career development programs
Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots