System /Application Administrator -GSO Team
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Oracle active
View all jobs System /Application Administrator -GSO Team active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
• Technical Skills: programming, optimizing, debugging, testing and problem-solving
• Knowledge of basic networking concepts
• Knowledge of basic virtualization concepts
• Experience with Linux 1+ years (preferably RedHat)
• Scripting for administration, monitoring and automation (shell, python, etc.)
• Proficient in English as it is the working language
• Ability to work in an environment that involves remote interaction with other team members, internal customers and users
• Results-oriented and innovation-oriented personality
• University degree/diploma (or equivalent) in Computer Science field
NICE TO HAVE:
• Oracle DBA experience
• SQL and PL/SQL experience
• OBIEE administration
• Understanding of database structures and architectures, theories, principles and tuning practices
As part of Global Sales Operations department, the person will be responsible for maintaining and developing a reporting system used by License, Consulting and Hardware lines of business (LOBs) within Oracle. The current Sales Reporting team consists of 50 members working across several countries in Europe as well as in India.
This is a great opportunity to interact with a wide area of people, nationalities and cultures, to gain technical exposure to the latest Oracle products. In the same time you will have the opportunity to develop a career in the business environment of a leading software and hardware organisation.
Global Sales Operations is responsible with supporting the Sales organization worldwide in terms of processes, business analysis, reporting and technical solutions.
The Sales Reporting team is responsible of the reporting infrastructure for sales organisation. The team is also in charge of designing, implementing, and maintaining all of the internal web-based applications that are needed by the business.
• Assume primary responsibility during problem resolution. Use troubleshooting techniques to identify root cause and implement permanent corrective action to resolve issues.
• Monitor databases and reporting systems (Oracle Business Intelligence) on daily basis to ensure the performance, reliability and security.
• Develop routines for end users and application developers to facilitate best practices.
• Build automations for any layer of the technical stack.
• Create maintenance plans for the administered databases.
• Respond to database related queries and issues in a timely fashion.
• Keep pace with the development of Oracle Products; assess their relevance to group operations and propose upgrades
• Create and maintain technical documentation.