This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Federal-Mogul Motorparts Romania active
View all jobs Commodity Manager active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Acquisitions - Logistics - Supplies active on Hipo.ro
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complex Role – Senior Position – Responsible to Drive KPI’s
- Position interacts with numerous functions within the organization
- Required to develop a budget for their category spend base (APV, MCS, Terms, etc)
- Understand the global market, new trends, new technologies and value chain
- Responsible to develop and implement specific category strategies: Development and execution of long term supply strategies, landed cost modeling, supplier suggestion process, support BTM or MTB, lead global negotiations and evolve as the single point of contact
- Successfully establish Supplier Development programs and Build Long Supply Partners to maximize the value of incumbent vendors as well as to investigate, identify and recommend alternative sources to meet/achieve total supplier performance expectations, support NPI and mitigate potential risks.
- Use and knowledge of strategic sourcing process to test pricing in the supply market and establish long term agreement to protect demand and price
- Commodity Manager will act as conduit and liaise suppliers with the extended manufacturing, product, engineering and purchasing functions (NPI, Sr Buyer, etc)
- Commodity Manager is expected to strategically support and manage global suppliers to support the ongoing business needs.
- Lead the development of commodity strategies, sourcing activities, and project implementation.
- Research materials and suppliers to develop an expertise related to the commodity.
- Purchasing participant on Advanced Technology projects related to commodities – negotiate upfront with supplier technology partners to mitigate downstream risk.
- Utilize Advanced Technology knowledge and VA/VE initiave to set technological direction for commodity strategies.
- Serve as focal point for escalation of all supplier relationship issues, drive the supplier approval process.
- Identify and develop Best Cost Country (BCC) suppliers.
- Develop Supplier Partnerships/Strategic Alliances as necessary to support/enhance commodities strategies.
- Establish annual business plan and perform monthly performance analysis.
- Prepare required documentation for supplier meetings or negotiations.
- Prepare and lead presentations to Sr. Management for sourcing events.
- Optimize Supply Chain through Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis.
- Prepare and send RFQ/RFIs for commodity projects.
- Perform financial analysis of RFQ results to determine overall cost competitiveness.
- Make sourcing recommendations based upon RFI and RFQ results.
- As Contract Sponsor, negotiate, create, maintain & enforce all commodity supplier contracts.
- Execute performance reviews, personnel issues, training, etc. as required.
- Support teamwork and create an environment fostering creativity and excellence
- Travel Required: 25%, Domestic and International.
- The authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities relating to the product, process and quality system and the authority to stop further work on non-conforming suspect product until the deficiency or conditions have been corrected.
- Abide by the location’s EH&S policy endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS, work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 standard. Report, and if necessary stop, any activity that does not conform to the policy or may injure himself/herself.
- Capable of providing any other additional support as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering / Business / Materials Management or Logistics required with a preference for an MBA.
- CPM and/or CPIM certified is a plus;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement and/or Materials Management.
- Demonstrated background and proven experience with RFQ processes, data analysis and commodity strategies.
- Demonstrated background and proven experience with high level supplier negotiations and materials management.
- Working with and leading a Global team to drive substantial savings for the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills. Other European language is a plus.
- Profound knowledge of Excel and SAP