IMS Integration Engineer
A CONNECTED WORLD IS JUST THE BEGINNING!
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. Ericsson is advancing its vision of being the “prime driver in an all-communicating world” through innovation, technology, and sustainable business solutions. We now stand on the brink of fundamental innovation opportunities across industries, public services and in private life.
We are moving from the information society to the Networked Society, where the primary concern is not having access to information, but what benefit you get out of it. It took 100 years to connect 1 billion places and 25 years to connect 5 billion people. The next step is connecting things. Ericsson envisions 50 billion connected devices as a starting point for new ways of innovating, collaborating, and socializing. The result will be simplified processes, higher productivity, real-time information allowing quicker, more informed decision-making or problem solving when relevant, and monitoring.
The Networked Society changes the logic of how society works. It is our job to take the lead in enabling this, and we are shaping our decisions around that. The ICT industry can help address our world’s major concerns in climate change, health care, education, and more.
• You find us in 180 countries
• We are more than 100,000 employees
• We have more than 30,000 patents
• 40% of mobile calls are made through our systems
• More than 2 billion people globally use our networks
In Romania we operate also the Global Services Center which is performing Managed Services for various European Operators, employing over 1000 engineers.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
• Knowledge of IMS Architecture and components
• Good knowledge of operation and troubleshooting of main IMS Core Nodes SBG, CSCF, HSS, MTAS, MGC, MGW, DNS
• Good knowledge in SIP, Diameter (Radius), DNS, RTP, ISUP, ISDN, TCP/IP and all IP technologies (CCNA level required), SS7
• Understanding of PSTN
• Linux working knowledge (file system, bash scripting, crontab)
• Ericsson Platform knowledge: TSP, IS, EBS, MRS, BSP is an advantage
• At least 2 years of work experience in a telecommunications environment (IMS, MSS, IP BB, PS) or customer services and support on 2nd Level or Planning & Design or Build activities
• Deep debugging knowledge, project implementation and network configuration
• Highly customer and service oriented with a very consultative way of working
• Business minded, high flexibility
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work under strong pressure related to scale of business impact
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Very good English skills
• German is a plus
• Open for business trips abroad, about 30% of the time.
• Analytical learning and researching skills
• You will need excellent planning and organizing skills
We are now looking for an Integration Engineer to analyze, prepare, implement and verify the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system. Your scope of work could include the scenarios of introduction, upgrade expansion, functionality and capacity. Your work will in part form our customer legacy.
• Manage networks and nodes within the IMS domain of our customers 2.5G, 3G & 4G networks (SIP, H323, IMS/IMT, VoLTE, VoWiFi)
• You will support pre-sales activities, including pre-studies
• Plan the implementation of the product configuration / integration work
• Execute product configuration, integration and migration work as well as troubleshooting of IMS/VoLTE Core nodes, networks and solutions at the customer premises or remote
• Prepare system test, module test and acceptance test
• Secure that the delivered solution is properly implemented and works according to the requirements
• Verification, integration and troubleshooting of complete End-to-End solutions in a Multi-Vendor Set-up
• Provide Solution Support including handling of Helpdesks and Customer Support Requests
• Preparation and execution of supply and acceptance projects with the customer
• Commissioning and integration of new sites
• Preparation, verification and execution of Software upgrades and updates
• Close cooperation with the different Ericsson organizations and third party suppliers
• Perform Configuration Management, i.e. generating and updating customer solution documentations and descriptions
• Fault handling and corrective actions on node, service and infrastructure level
• Project activities, implementing / adapting (new) IMS E2E service functionalities, nodes, services
• When needed covering the 7x24 monitoring shift responsibilities (On call support, Baby Sitting activities etc.)
• Provide input, implement and verify improvements in processes and work instructions.
• Verify and implement configuration changes
• You will work to identify and drive improvements
• Post project activities
• E2e technical understanding
• Execute test
• Knowledge sharing and collaboration skills