Data Associate with Spanish
Randstad is specialized in solutions in the field of flexible work and human resources services. Our services range from regular temporary staffing and permanent placements to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions.
The Randstad Group is one of the leading HR services providers in the world, with top-three positions in Argentina, Belgium & Luxembourg, Canada, Chile, France, Germany, Greece, India, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, the UK, and the United States as well as major positions in Australia and Japan.
In 2015, Randstad had approximately 29,750 corporate employees and around 4,473 branches and in-house locations in 39 countries around the world. Randstad generated revenue of € 19.2 billion in 2015. Randstad was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Diemen, the Netherlands.
Amazon is seeking a Data Associate to join their data team. They are building language solutions that power their products.
This role focuses on language data, primarily in the areas of transcription, text annotation, and general data analysis deliverables.
The Data Associate must have a passion for data, efficiency, accuracy and must be capable of:
- Transcribing and annotating high priority deliverables
- Delivering high quality work
- Translating established guidelines into daily work practices
- Working autonomously with minimal direction
- Handling unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers
- Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve output
In addition, the Data Associate will need to quickly understand changes to conventions deployed in response to customers’ requests and change workflows accordingly. The Associate should be able to contribute to improvements in the software tools by identifying bugs and suggesting enhancements.
The ideal candidate also:
- Shows proactive behaviour in addressing issues and problems
- Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills, and is very detailed-oriented
- Is comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Demonstrates willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept re-prioritization as necessary
- Adapts quickly to keep up with changing project conventions and new projects
- Excellent Spanish language skills. All candidates must be at C1 or native level
- English at B1 level
- Up-to-date knowledge or awareness of popular culture in Spanish-speaking countries
- Comprehension of a variety of Spanish accents
- Computer literate
- Communication skills and experience working with technical teams
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to languages or linguistics (or relevant experience in the field)
- Knowledge of additional European languages would be beneficial
- Previous transcription or annotation experience is preferred