Prototype Supply Engineer
Delphi Automotive PLC (NYSE: DLPH) is a high-technology company that integrates safer, greener and more connected solutions for the automotive and transportation sectors. Headquartered in Gillingham, U.K., Delphi operates technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support services in 46 countries.
Delphi operates in Romania since 1997. The company's plants in Sannicolau Mare, Moldova Noua and Ineu produce electrical/electronic distribution systems, including wiring harnesses for automotive bodies, interiors, and doors as well as small harnesses.
The plant in Iasi produces diesel engine management systems, including common rail diesel pumps and injectors. Iasi County offers a good environment for business to grow, considering the deep pool of well-qualified, talented employees from which Delphi selects from and then expands those talents. Delphi has a strong and long term relationship with Gheorghe Asachi University in Iasi, developing a recruiting program for graduates. The company also collaborates with technical high schools in Iasi.
Each year, Delphi provides internship positions to students from universities in the regions, allowing candidates the opportunity to gain valuable job experience. Delphi also provides scholarship support for current employees with high potential for further growth and development.
The high-end technologies give employees the opportunity to work with advanced techniques in assembly and precise machining, empowering and encouraging them to strive for excellence. Delphi is a key player in the global diesel market and the facility located in Iasi supports Delphi's growing customer base and incremental business in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Engineering/Business Degree
- Experience in machining operations
- Good knowledge in cost, quality and machining
- Strong organizational, leadership, analytical and communication skills
- Commitment to quality and flawless launch, lean and cost/profit planning
- Relationship-builder with high integrity
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) - mandatory
- English - advanced level (mandatory)
- B driver's license (Romanian laws) is mandatory
- Provides the input data for the components to project management system that tracks program timing
- Evaluates the supplier's ability for capacity, quality and deadlines, in according with the programs requirements
- Initiates and completes, for the purchased parts, the risk assessment with the engineering department, for the supplier quality input
- Develops readiness, quality and sourcing strategies for each purchased component, including carry-over parts, in collaboration with the project teams and supplier quality teams
- Responsible to communicate all the engineering changes on the drawings to suppliers
- Collaborates with the category buyer on all sourcing decisions on identifying opportunities for link and leverage, for best cost country sourcing and localization
- Check all administrative tasks are completed to ensure on-time PO issuance for parts, tooling etc. and provide assistance as necessary
- Perform activities with high integrity, in compliance with Global, Divisional and Site procedures & systems requirements and Delphi fundamental principles as lean, First Time Quality, The Guide