Research Scientist Internship
Amazon Development Center Romania is seeking a passionate Research Scientist Intern who combines technical, research and analytical skills capabilities to address complex business questions within the Customer Analytics group. We process big data sets of website traffic in order to identify and understand customer behavior on Amazon websites. By understanding traffic flows and customer behavior across Amazon websites, we empower data-driven business decisions and forecasts for future of e-commerce and future device capabilities. Customer Behavior data creates multi-million-dollar business opportunities allowing Amazon strong and sustained growth rates.
We are looking for talented graduate students who can interpret billions of rows of real world customer interaction data to transform it into business insights. You will build causal models to understand the impact of various events on customer behaviors and you will build quantitative mathematical models to represent a wide range of analytical systems.
As a Research Scientist intern you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data environments and you should be passionate about working with such large data sets.
As an intern, you will be part of the team, sharing the everyday software development and research process. You will work under the direct coaching of a dedicated mentor on data mining and will have support from the engineering team on surfacing the data you need. You will interact with partner teams to better understand your requirements and receive iterative feedback on your results.
- Strong problem solving ability
- Knowledge of predictive modeling, hypothesis testing, regression techniques
- Fluency in a high-level modeling language such as MATLAB or R or Python
- Knowledge of SQL syntax
- Basic software development skills
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (such as Python or Perl) to extract, transform, and clean big data sets in a Unix/Linux environment to process data for modeling
- Ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
- Ability to distill problem definitions, models, and constraints from informal business requirements
- Experience with visualization of data.
- Experience working in small teams and shipping products.
- Enrolled in a master or PHD degree