Junior Reporting Analyst - Contractor Role
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
1 year of experience with data analytical background
Figures/Numbers acumen and excellent analytical data skills with the ability to give, receive, analyze information and interpret complex data to proposal/recommendation
Demonstrates proficiency in data compilation, manipulation and analysis, addressing gaps/discrepancies and attend to team leads' or management questions/needs for the reporting
Must be proficient in MS Office suite (especially Excel)–medium user level
• Ability to work with macros, pivot tables, manipulate data, and format data
• Ability to operate and move data between production systems and across multiple platforms and to build user-friendly "front end" data summary to support the backed data store.
• Ability to create comprehensive documentation (for the macros and the reports creation and usage)
Results driven, self-motivated individual with focus on goal achievement
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Able to gather and analyze information skillfully; able to work on alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation;
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Follows instructions, responds to management/leads direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Verbal / Nonverbal – Convey easily and quickly any message; speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions
- Written - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively
- Presentation - Presents clearly and informatively, easily maintaining audience attention and responding to audience needs; Able to facilitate discussion, progress effectively, and manage audience as needed.
- Generates, sets up and delivers ad hoc/ schedule reports as required
- Confers with persons originating, handling, processing or receiving reports to identify problems/discrepancies/variances and to gather suggestions for improvements or necessary coaching or guidance to the reporting specialists
- Good understanding of cross referencing of data and relationships from multiple sources
- Recommends establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information