Network Support and Operations Specialist
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Network Support and Operations Specialist active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Customer Support - Client Service active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
- Knowledge and experience with networking technologies such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, Spanning Tree, EIGRP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, QoS, Fibre Channel, BGP is required
- Demonstrated experience installing, configuring, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting an enterprise-class network infrastructure
- Understands, manages, and troubleshoots IT security architectures involving fire-wall/VPN, Intrusion detection/ prevention, authorization/authentication, network traffic management, network access control, and threat identification and mitigation systems.
- Understanding of enterprise class networking technologies from vendors such as Cisco/Juniper/Brocade/Checkpoint
- Basic understanding of Virtualization (VMware) and Linux
- Ability to evaluate Network and Network Components Performance
- Understanding of Monitoring and Management Tools
- Ability to structure, draft and review technical documentation
- Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
- Should be able to mentor junior member of the team.
- Should act as a role model
- Willingness to learn new things
- Extremely flexible if workflow is changing
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Communicative competence (pro-active)
- Team player
- A very positive attitude towards life
- Highly motivated
"The Network Specialist�s role will include but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Work with the Solution Architect, Application workload teams, Cloud Platform teams, Project Managers and Communications Service Providers to Implement, Configure and Test Network Solution Designs
- Install, configure and support network components (i.e Brocade Vyatta Firewall, SDN in Softlayer), LANs, WANS, network segments
- Perform network incident resolution
- Perform network problem resolution and root cause analysis
- Analyzes problems and suggests infrastructure solutions involving network technology, methodology, process, tools and solution components
- Perform infrastructure changes: Adds, Deletes, Changes to client connectivity, network capacity (i.e. bandwidth upgrades), inter-geo connectivity
- Evaluate and modify system's performance
- Proactively determine improvement points for network in scope
- Document the network solution; create and maintain “as-built drawings�
- Maintain integrity of the network and security
- Assist on perform annual Security re-certifications
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services
- Maintain network servers such as VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Works effectively with other team members to understand project needs in order to implement network infrastructure solutions to meet those needs. Works with team members, including customer, subcontractor personnel and other personnel to achieve the team's technical and schedule goals