Systems Administrator Linux - Platform Services
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
• Associate's degree with two or more years system administration experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Solid knowledge of Linux System Administration (Red Hat or derivatives)
• Solid knowledge of Web Server and Web Application administration (Apache, Python and Django preferred)
• Solid knowledge of MySQL System Administration
• Solid knowledge of Networking & Network Security
• Solid scripting skills (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
• The ability to implement, facilitate and support multiple projects and react to real-time support issues
• Occasional travel to the company’s datacenters and locations is required.
Welcomed Skills and Experience:
• Experience working in an Agile Environment
• Experience working with high availability, high traffic web application infrastructures
• Experience working with configuration management packages (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Saltstack)
• Experience working with containers or in other “serverless” environments
• Experience administering systems in a Cloud environment (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Experience with Windows System Administration
Our client is a global leader in providing customer contact management solutions/customer engagement solutions and services in the business process outsourcing (BPO) arena.
They provide an array of sophisticated customer contact management solutions to Fortune 1000 companies around the world, primarily in the communications, financial services, healthcare, technology and transportation and leisure industries.
They specialize in providing flexible, high quality customer support outsourcing solutions with an emphasis on inbound technical support and customer service. They have customer contact management centers throughout the world, providing their services through multiple communication channels encompassing phone, e-mail, web, chat and social media.
Utilizing its integrated onshore/offshore global delivery model, along with virtual at-home agents, they serve their clients through two geographic operating segments: the Americas and EMEA (in RO they have offices in Cluj Napoca, Sibiu and Oradea).
1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for for day-to-day maintenance, administration and monitoring of systems and servers. Operate a variety of proprietary and third party applications, primarily using a Python (Django)/Linux/MySQL stack deployed on virtual server technology in the cloud.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND END RESULTS
• Linux system administration, including configuration, troubleshooting, system monitoring and automation
• Provide development support for software deployments
• On-call duties and proactive system maintenance tasks as necessary
• Assist in the development of best practices and procedures
• The chance to be part of a start-up support team within a major international company – get involved in growing this team and your skills along with it
• Work life balance
• Christmas party paid by the company (travel to the US)
• Competitive salary package