Senior Cyber Security and Threat Engineer
We are a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, with a focus on developing, designing and supporting superior products.
As an engineering and technology company, we have a keen focus on recruiting talent in the fields that support Garmin business and products.
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers.
Summary of the role: Your role would be to contribute collaboratively and professionally in a team environment to secure the local IT network.
In this role, you will be responsible of:
- Performing penetration and security assessment testing
- Conducting complex security audits
- Using IT security, networking and web technologies to circumvent security controls
- Make use of methods of threat modeling and vulnerability assessment including vulnerability scanners, password crackers, network protocol attacks
- Experience with device hacking / reverse engineering of products and devices
- Design and develops solutions to enhance performance of security systems
- Ensures that all security requirements are met or exceeded
- Researches new offensive security technologies and proposes cost effective solutions
- Measure feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendations
We are looking for a person with the following skills and knowledge:
- Proficiency in usage of Metasploit
- Comfortable with using Nessus, Nexpose, Linux, Reverse Engineering, ASM, Web Vulnerabilities Scanning, OWASP; OSSTMM; NIST;
- Experienced with CVE database and Burp Suite would be a plus
- Driven problem solver with proven success in solving difficult problems
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Quality and effectiveness in work documentation and organization
- English proficiency
Desirable qualifications and background include:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology or Management Information Systems
- 3-5 years of experience in IT Security
Would be a plus:
- Found and reported vulnerabilities in CVE databases; active in local IT Security groups; Burp Suite