McKinsey & Company - Associate Intern
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Jobs from top companies in Romania active
View all jobs McKinsey & Company - Associate Intern active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Management - Consulting active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Management Trainee active on Hipo.ro
- Advanced graduate degree in progress and excellent academic record required (e.g., MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Outstanding records of academic and managerial or professional achievement
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and the local office language(s)
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With You'll work in one of our offices around the world for 8 - 10 weeks, usually in the summer. You'll work as part of a client project team, collaborating with colleagues and clients to solve their toughest business problems.
What You'll Do
You'll work in teams of typically 3 - 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. Associate Interns receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as formal training in your first few weeks as an intern. Additionally, you'll receive guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
While all consultants develop specialized knowledge and a focused program as they progress with McKinsey, most are initially very broad in their focus, meaning they do not need specific industry or functional expertise to be successful. For consultants who join McKinsey as experienced professionals, this can mean building on previous knowledge or developing unique experience in an area that is completely new.