Network Security Systems Analyst
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Oracle active
View all jobs Network Security Systems Analyst active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Oracle, a global provider of enterprise cloud computing, empowers businesses of all sizes on their digital transformation journey. With 430,000 customers in 175 countries, Oracle provides leading-edge capabilities in Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, and Data as a Service.
Our mission is to transform our world for the better through innovative technologies.
This position is in the Global IT Enterprise – EMEA Network Security Operations team. We are looking for a Network Security Engineer.
Scope of responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the support of devices from the following technologies:
2. IPSec VPN
3. Array SSL VPN
In addition to a strong, enterprise-level, security and networking background, candidates should have the following:
1. Experience of supporting the above listed technologies, with firewalls an absolute must
2. Experience of working in a operations environment within a established SLA
3. Understanding of network technologies (routing & switching, OSPF, BGP)
4. Security and/or networking certifications
1. Maintain records of equipment failure and liaise with engineers and suppliers as necessary.
2. Handle escalated client problems according to established procedures.
3. Manage the network security using network management tools, analyze network performance and discuss network enhancements with networking specialists.
4. Analyze network security performance to ensure adequate bandwidth for business needs.
5. Recommend enhancements to the network security infrastructure, and enhance proactive network management tool set.
6. Troubleshoot network security problems globally, coordinate occasionally with guidance from more experience staff, depending on the complexity.
7. As a team member or with assistance from others perform project engineering including specification definition, design of solution in compliance with corporate standards, implementation, testing through to production.
8. Respond to monitor alarms to identify the root cause of an outage and coordinate the corrective action in line with existing procedures and practices.
1. 3-5 years experience supporting network and network security technologies, especially Juniper Netscreen and SRX and Fortinet Firewalls, F5 Load balancers, Cisco and Juniper routers and switches, McAfee IDS/IPS and Web Gateways. In-depth knowledge of routing and switching.
2. 2-3 years experience in operations roles.
3. Experience performing regular capacity management functions for network and network security components.
4. Capability to manage/work with other team members to ensure the coordinated resolution of incidents and efficient delivery of projects.
5. 1+ years experience as a backline escalation contact with demonstrated ability to quickly troubleshoot network and network security problems to root cause, to restore service and to identify long-term corrective and preventative actions.
Additional Preferred Skills:
1. Enthusiastic about new opportunities to improve knowledge, skills, and performance.
2. Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a global team.
3. Scripting experience.
The candidate will be responsible to remain current with development in the space of technology changes.
The candidate should be willing to work on-call after hours and also weekend and week day after hour scheduled work.