Junior Product Manager
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Bigstep active.
Vezi toate job-urile Junior Product Manager active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in Internet - eCommerce active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Hardware active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
Bigstep was created by passionate big data aficionados. We set out to empower organizations determined to make sense of their data, by providing a full-stack big data ecosystem running in a high performance bare-metal cloud. Offering the most reliable, scalable and extendable cloud-based platform purpose-built for big data is the number one goal of the Bigstep team. We have offices in Chicago, London and Bucharest.
As part of our team, you will be contributing to the shaping of the big data market, working alongside a very experienced team. Our bread and butter are cutting-edge technologies such as Apache Cassandra, Couchbase, Apache Mesos, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop and we combine them in novel ways to enable data-driven, world-changing ideas.
We spare no effort to encourage a dynamic environment that supports continuous learning and development, so feel free to bring your heart to work.
We are looking for candidates that show potential rather than experience but we need a basis to work with. You might not have thought about a career in this field but you might already have the right combination of skills.
• Basic computer programming experience in any framework: We are looking for the experience of building a more complex application that involves the development of architecture, having to reconcile design and implementation, working with external libraries and maintaining the code over a period of time. Examples: Had developed a java, c# or python application with at least a few thousand lines of code involving object orientated programming.
• Basic Linux or Windows server administration skills: We are looking for the ability to install a moderately complex application such as Cassandra by following a tutorial and troubleshoot basic issues such as daemons not starting by investigating logs, etc.
• Good grasp of machine learning and data mining: Has done first hand modelling and prediction using specific tools and structures such as neural nets, genetic algorithms, regression tools, classification or fuzzy logics. This experience can come from academia only.
• Understands basic researching methodologies and statistics: The candidate must have a good understanding of how to properly conduct a research study, being it a technical evaluation or a survey. The candidate must be able to distinguish outliers, extrapolate trends and make decisions based on these studies.
• Excellent English skills: We can train fluency but the English grammar is a strict requirement.
As part of our team, you will be contributing to the shaping of the emerging big data revolution, working alongside a very passionate and experienced team. Our bread and butter are cutting-edge technologies such as Apache Cassandra, Couchbase, Apache Mesos, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop that we integrate in novel ways in order to enable insight-driven world-changing ideas.
We are hiring a Junior Product Manager who will bridge the gap between the technical and the business side. As part of the product management team you will be working closely with the engineering and sales to develop new cloud products and improve existing ones.
Note: Being part of an IT startup can be a lot of fun. It offers rewards and responsibilities that are unheard of in corporate environments. It can provide a quick path to the stratosphere of IT, as it has to move a lot quicker and with less resources. We compensate your achievements and commitment with: competitive salary, training opportunities, friendly work environment, flexible hours, and extra-work activities