Linux Support Engineer
With over 3300 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important independent ICT providers in the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). We help our customers with the development and implementation of applications, infrastructure, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, technical on-site support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Belgium and the Netherlands, we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers.
In addition to the offices in Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Poland, on the Romanian Market, Cegeka has two offices: one in Bucharest and one in Iasi, with more than 330 employees.
We have 3 Business Units: SOFAR – Software Factory Romania; CGMS – Cegeka Global Managed Services Center; vTeams – technical diversity within multicultural teams.
At SOFAR, our division that deals with software development, the highest number of employees consists of Java, .NET, PHP, Mobile, SharePoint, Computer Vision, Blockchain Developers, reason for which main recruitment focus for this division is also placed on similar profiles.
At CGMSC, our division that deals with infrastructure management, most of the employees are involved in support activities on various environments and technologies, among which we can identify Windows Servers, Linux/Unix, Citrix, VMware etc.
Within vTeams (Virtual Teams), we provide technical support and tools’ configuration through multicultural teams (Romanian and Belgian), that work with and on Linux/Unix, Networking, Python, MSSQL or various security platforms.
Are you authentic, involved, committed and eager to learn? Then you are the best fit to our team of professionals.
We are eager to meet you and answer your questions. See you soon!
You are part of the STAID (Shared Technology And Infrastructure Delivery) Division and responsible for operational activities within the Linux Team.
You are part of the Linux 2nd Level Team whose aim is to guarantee and maintain the functionality of our customers’ IT infrastructures. Your mission is to deliver 2nd line support for incidents & problems of internal and external customers and investigate in depth technical problems assigned to you by 1st level technicians. You will collaborate with several teams with different technical skills. You will interact with Customers and third parties in order to provide a timely resolution to our Customers’ issues.
The working hours in which the Team operates cover the time frame between 07:00 AM – 20:00 EET.
• Second line support for our Customers
• Analysis of incidents generated by our monitoring systems in order to quickly repair the incidents
• Analysis of support requests sent by our customers by phone, email or web submit
• Timely updates for every support request assigned to your group
• Accurate ticket documentation of the support request and troubleshooting steps taken
• Ownership and responsibility for all tickets assigned to your queue
• Configuration, fine tuning and follow-up of Management Applications
• Ensure reports & specific client reports are delivered in time
• Creation of trend analysis reports per client
• Creation of change & maintenance requests prior to implementations
• Provide Management with possible enhancements regarding the clients’ infrastructures
• Creation and modification of technical procedures, manuals and processes for monitoring projects
• Customer Interaction, by positively exposing Cegeka during direct communication with customers
• Working in close collaboration with your colleagues to ensure that service delivery to the customer is of the highest standard
• Working in accordance with Cegeka’s quality standards, procedures, processes and internal regulations
• Strict adherence to change management procedures before performing any change
• Attendance in trainings and team meetings
Candidates must possess:
• 3 years in a similar position
• Excellent knowledge and experience of Linux operating systems
• Good knowledge of enterprise class backup systems
• Good knowledge and experience with enterprise Antivirus products
• Fundamentals of networking knowledge (SSH, TCP/IP, Iptables, Firewall)
• Fundamentals of Storage networks
• Fundamentals of virtual environments
• Basic knowledge of MySQL and/or PostgreSQL database administration
• Analytical, technical and diagnostic skills
• Communication and time management skills with the ability to track and ensure the success of multiple simultaneous projects
• Demonstrated ability to identify process improvement opportunities, demonstrated knowledge of change management, and experience implementing new process/technology to standardize operations
• Ability to adapt quickly to constantly changing business priorities
• Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment
• Professionalism is required in all communication with the clients (phone calls, emails)
• Initiative is required in day to day tasks
• Passion for IT and strong interest in self-development
• Strong team spirit and involvement
• Punctuality and flexibility - schedule adherence is one of the objectives of your activity and it will be taken into account during your performance evaluation
• Ability to listen, learn and improve
• Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
• Willing to travel
Nice to have:
• Windows administration experience
• Scripting skills would be a plus
Offer (benefits, bonuses):
• Headquarters in the centre of Bucharest (Victoriei Square)
• We leave you room to balance your work and private life - 22 days as annual vacation, plus 1 day added at every 3 years within the company
• Private medical subscription, you can choose from 2 providers
• Meal tickets
• Free Gym Subscription - fitness, aerobic, pool (according to internal policies)
• Preferential rates to 7Card subscription
• Access to a modern library
• Preferential rates to dental clinic
• Guidance and support for different loans, from one of our partner, a financial broker company
• Massage within the company premises
• Team events (team-buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.)
• Relaxation room (foosball, darts, board games, X-box, etc.)
• Access to various training programs (soft and hard skills trainings, according to the internal policies)
• Continuous learning and improvement activities
• Long term career development programs
• Being part of a growing organization with Belgian roots