Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Bigstep active.
Vezi toate job-urile System Administrator active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Hardware active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in Telecomunicatii active pe Hipo.ro
Bigstep was created by passionate big data aficionados. We set out to empower organizations determined to make sense of their data, by providing a full-stack big data ecosystem running in a high performance bare-metal cloud. Offering the most reliable, scalable and extendable cloud-based platform purpose-built for big data is the number one goal of the Bigstep team. We have offices in Chicago, London and Bucharest.
As part of our team, you will be contributing to the shaping of the big data market, working alongside a very experienced team. Our bread and butter are cutting-edge technologies such as Apache Cassandra, Couchbase, Apache Mesos, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop and we combine them in novel ways to enable data-driven, world-changing ideas.
We spare no effort to encourage a dynamic environment that supports continuous learning and development, so feel free to bring your heart to work.
We’re hiring a System Administrator that is keen on working on administration systems for a hot Big Data startup from the United Kingdom.
• At least 3 years experience with Linux: CentOS, Ubuntu;
• Knowledge in web services (Apache, Nginx);
• Ability to code script and debug in Python or Bash;
• Understanding of other programming languages like PHP, GO, C;
• Understanding of virtualization;
• Excellent English writing and communication skills;
• General hardware components knowledge(CPUs, RAM, PCI, SAS and other components).
What you’ll acquire:
• You will have the opportunity to work with the newest and coolest technologies such as: Cloudera, MapR, HDP,Datameer, Exasol, Elasticsearch, Mesos, Docker;
• Experience with state of the art hardware;
• Improving your scripting skills (Bash, Python, PHP too);
• Thorough understanding of complex software architecture and application development best practices;
• Good configuration management and orchestration;
• Load balancing knowledge;
• Storage systems knowledge;
• More information about distributed systems;
• Basic networking skills;
• Troubleshooting skills/experience;
• Deepening virtualization software systems.
• Be part of the Bigstep development team and contribute to basic product development to understand and diagnose production issues;
• Assist Development Team with complex software setups, and implement different solutions based on their and our product’s requirements;
• Provides Linux support to software developers and System engineers on both development and delivered production systems;
• Making set-up on our application and systems;
• Manage and resolve any environmental integration and staging problems;
• Creating and maintaining knowledge-based articles and documentation on company’s internal wiki page (for fellow colleagues);
• Creating and maintaining Linux OS templates for Bigstep's Full Metal Cloud instances; performance and security optimizations in a documented best practices’ approach;
• Making scripting for automation and benchmarking tasks.
Being part of a startup is a lot of fun. It offers rewards and responsibilities that are unheard of in corporate environments. It can provide a quick path to the stratosphere of IT from a technical point of view as it has to move a lot quicker and with a lot fewer resources. We will enable you to truly evolve and to make a difference in the team and perhaps lead the way.