Senior DevOps Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Senior DevOps Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Job Description (Job advert content)
To provide 2nd line Application Support for the market surveillance systems for the London Stock Exchange and Turquoise equities trading systems, and related quantitative analysis and data platforms. The existing team consists of engineers in Sri Lanka and London, supporting systems running in the AWS cloud platform, using the Control-M scheduling system, Jenkins build pipelines, Datadog and Elasticsearch monitoring and analytics services, and Moogsoft and ServiceNow for alerting and incident management. This role will be based in Bucharest, establishing a new site to this team.
- Implement and support automated deployment pipelines for our application services, based on version-controlled configuration, orchestration tools and automated deployment and configuration management.
- Provide Level 2 technical advice and risk assessment based on knowledge of applications, databases and system software
- Ensure that all operational responsibilities are performed including monitoring systems and deploying releases
- Provide effective escalation and resolution of issues and problems to stakeholders
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the unit's processes
- Act as the operations SME for one or more of the supported applications
- Take ownership of operational live service issues and drive their resolution in order to reduce the number of recurring technical issues
- Manage the implementation of change without adverse impact to continuity of service, adhering to existing change policy and processes, liaising with other business and technical teams
- Ensure changes are correctly impact assessed and implemented
- Train level 1 team to perform an adequate level of triage for application issues
- Write and maintain support documentation, service models, incident management processes, technical specifications and user guides.
- Collaborate with other IT teams across the organisation in order to create common standards
- Proactively identify operational risks. Provide short term solutions whilst tracking long term resolution.
- Identify and implement operational improvements for processes, performance and reliability
- For any supported interfaces develop an understanding of how they all interact
- On-board new applications and integrate them into the operations architecture
- Provide impacts and implement the necessary changes to the operations architecture toolset
- Work closely with project teams to ensure operational requirements are met and changes impacted and implemented
- Provide input for change planning
- Provide input to architectural design for network, infrastructure, database and applications
- Support development changes, providing accurate estimates for time and capital costs, attending project meetings and analysing impact for proposed project work and meeting deadlines
- Develop an understanding of procedures and SLAs for supported services.
- Invoke level 3 support requests, manage their progression and provide input from an operational perspective
- Aid business representatives to write clear requirements for any new processes or software changes and provide designs in order to meet those requirements.
- This is an Individual Contributor role
- Experience provisioning and supporting enterprise DevOps environments
- Familiarity with supporting cloud hosted environments, particularly AWS.
- Strong background in Linux
- Strong coding/scripting experience in BASH/Shell and Python
- Experience with configuring and using a CI/CD tool such as Jenkins
- Experience with provisioning and configuration management using Bitbucket, Ansible, Terraform or equivalent
- Experience of source control using Git/Bitbucket or equivalent
- SQL scripting experience
- Pro-active approach to learning about and adapting to new technologies
- Application knowledge and experience preferably gained within a mission critical support environment
- Proven ability to identify and implement process improvements and automation
- Appreciation of the business processes and their importance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to share information and work individually or as part of a team to solve problems
- Educated and holding a degree level qualification (preferably in an IT discipline)
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.