Junior Financial Analyst
Voted the Most Desired Employer in Romania, in the Financial Services Industry, three consecutive times, in the Catalyst surveys, Deloitte Romania provides services in audit, tax, legal, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, business processes as well as technology services, through 2,000 professionals. The Regional Audit Delivery Center (RADC) provides Audit services to various Country Member Firms from Deloitte Central Europe and to their clients. The Tax & Legal Delivery Center (TLDC) offers services focused on 5 service lines: GES (Global Employer Services), Business Tax, Global Tax Center Europe, Global Trade Advisory (GTA) and Legal Center of Excellence (CoE).
Worldwide, Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500 companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, with over 330,000 professionals. The organization is recognized among “World’s Best Workplaces™” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune and among “World’s Most Attractive Employers”, by Universum, according to 2020 surveys.
We believe that innovation comes from contrasting disciplines, backgrounds and cultural perspectives and that the innovative solutions our people deliver have to always make an impact that matters. We celebrate individual strengths and we prioritize our people’s well-being.
You bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities.
• Fluency in spoken and written English (level C1);
• Bachelor’s degree in language or business-relevant subject (Tax, Accounting or Finance preferable);
• Strong communication skills with the ability to discuss project work whilst working remotely with UK Tax team and clients;
• Excel and Microsoft Work skills highly desirable;
• Strong team skills, with a willingness to work remotely with a UK based team;
• Ability to prioritize and manage tasks while working simultaneously on multiple engagements while consistently achieving delivery milestones with superior quality;
• Prior experience with client interactions and discussions would be highly desirable;
• Professional attitude and demeanour to proactively develop relationships with team members in overseas offices.
Research and Development
• Work with the clients' finance staff to identify and collate the associated qualifying costs;
• Interpret the tax rules governing the relief to ensure that only appropriate costs are included;
• Work with technical engineers from the UK to ensure that the eligible activities are appropriately matched to the relevant costs;
• Prepare the detailed analyses to support the figures included in the claim;
• Plan, organize and execute engagements on time and to budget, while ensuring proactive, timely and up to date communication with team members in the UK.
• Support the more senior members of the group with the preparation of responses to HMRC enquiries and business development opportunities.
• Prepare tax depreciation claims for a varied client base, ranging from FTSE 100 clients to small businesses, for submission to HM Revenue & Customs.
• Manipulate client fixed asset ledgers (or similar) data where necessary to restructure the format of the data so it can be easily analysed through the use of technology, using Deloitte’s proprietary Acuity software platform.
• Assist in drafting an entitlement memo by reviewing legal documentation (such as sale and purchase agreements, leases and contribution agreements) and the tax legislation to identify a company's entitlement to claim capital allowances.
• Review available documentation and supplement any deficiencies through the preparation of an information request which will be sent to the client, and where further information is not available use surveying/building reconstruction skills to arrive at defendable values for assets
• Draft a transmittal/submission letter to be issued to the client in relation to the capital allowances claim.
• Work with our Tax Management Consulting colleagues to include the final capital allowances claims into the corporate tax computations where required.
• Prepare Patent Box tax relief claims for a varied client base, ranging from FTSE 100 clients to small businesses, for submission to HM Revenue & Customs.
• Analyse costs in the clients’ tax computations and/or management accounts to enable accurate computation of the Routine Return adjustment, often using Deloitte’s proprietary Acuity software platform.
• Manipulate clients’ financial information into a format suitable for calculation of the patent box claims.
• Assist our UK patent attorneys (or other members of the engagement teams where appropriate) to map clients’ income/sales to their patented technology.
• Assist in drafting a report which summarises the claim methodology and eligibility requirements (which may use Deloitte’s technology tools).
• Draft a transmittal/submission letter to be issued to the client in relation to the patent box claims.
• Work with our Tax Management Consulting colleagues to include the final Patent Box claims into the corporate tax computations where required.