Development Team Lead
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, modification, and maintenance of properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business needs.
Refinitiv/LSEG is seeking a Lead Developer to join this team who will work with technical and business partners to understand their needs and provide innovative solutions. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing, supporting cloud-native data distribution applications.
You will have deep technical skills, be able to quickly grasp and contribute to existing codebases and express design concepts. Your key responsibilities will be the development and support of Quantitative Analytics Cloud (QAC) product as well as support of the On Prem solution (QAD). The role is for a highly experienced software engineer with hands on cloud background to be part of a team working on data distribution across the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
- Development and Support of key Refinitiv Quant product: QAD/QAC
- Engaging with product owners, architects and other specialists; you'll design world-class solutions to address our customer needs with focus on Quant space
- Build and maintain efficient, reusable, reliable and secure code based on User Stories
- Work within a multi-functional agile team; develop enterprise software, adhering to company standards and established software methodology
- Demonstrate a consistent focus on quality; ensure reliable, robust software through the creation and execution of automated tests
- Provide senior leadership to more junior members of team. Lead design and architecture reviews
- Provide technical support to operations or other development teams
- Through participation in refinement and planning sessions, work with other team members to analyse development requirements, provide design options and complexity estimates, and agree how to deliver the requirements.
- Working with remote teams across different time zones in the US, Europe and Asia
- Experienced software engineer with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Stack and in particular .NET (C#) and Azure products/solutions
- Practical experience with the following technologies: .Net C#, SQL server and Azure offerings (Azure SQL, Azure PowerShell, Managed Instance, Hyperscale, Data Factory)
- Hands-on dev experience with relational and non-relational / no-sql database technologies
- Experience developing and deploying database applications in Azure. Strong backend experience with focus on data ingestions, backend database design, optimizations, etc.
- Experience with designing and architecting solutions in Azure. Strong understanding of security and network management for Azure solutions
- Solid technical background with understanding of programming styles, frameworks, design patterns and unit testing
- Understanding of security implications and secure coding
- Practical experience with agile development methodologies and tools (Scrum, JIRA etc.)
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skill for writing clean, readable code and reusable components
- Project experience with leading development teams
- Experience with Test Driven Development and / or Behaviour Driven Development
- Experience with C++ and older MS technologies
- Experience with Pervasive SQL or Oracle SQL
- Experience delivering financial industry solutions
- Development Manager
- Scrum Master and members of the Scrum Team
- Product Owner
- Technical and Application Support teams
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.