Chief Advisor Site
Let’s Talk About You!
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine dedication to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
A Snapshot of Your Day
The mission of our Chief Advisor Site is to be a leader on-site in terms of deadlines, budget and quality parameters. That means ensuring the customer’s economic success and satisfaction and assuming economic responsibility for the construction site. The Chief Advisor Site represents the site (as a member of Project Management) in all decision-making committees.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Ensures compliance with the requirements, regulations and procedures governing occupational environmental health and safety (EHS) and promotes and leads the Zero Harm Culture for the scope within his responsibility.
- Actively and attentively listens to the customer’s opinions and suggestions and cultivates, promotes and maintains a professional relationship with them.
- Understands and allows for the operating environment of the customer when making recommendations and decisions.
- Involves the customer in the decision-making process and advises them when they take decisions.
- Provides support to the customer regarding their targets and serves as a ‘sparring partner’ when dealing with the strategic importance of solutions and their practicability
- Responsible for establishing the requisite site infrastructure and performing inventory control in line with company guidelines.
- Responsible for implementing the housing concept in effect at the site (if necessary camp administration) as well as the personnel transport concept.
- Responsible for issuing site procedures pertaining to the site organization.
Site Controlling & Reporting:
- Responsible for the site and the entrepreneurial obligations imposed on him as stipulated in the national safety laws.
- Establishes efficient methods for site controlling and reporting that at any time permits acquiring an up-to-date overview of the site status.
- Continually analyses and monitors achievement of set targets with regard to professional, financial, as well as scheduling objectives, while also checking the quality of processes and profitability.
- Recognizes non-conformances at the site in due time, identifies the causes of problems and eliminates them.
- Evaluates and documents the site status.
- Regularly advises the customer, management and the project team as to the site status.
- Coordinates an efficient QA Controlling System at the site. Is responsible for the safety and worker safety of all employees at the site in line with applicable stipulations and contracts
- Is aware of the sources of risks/opportunities at the construction site, collects relevant data and makes them available.
- Together with CSM, assesses the impact and risks / opportunities at the construction site and evaluates these from a financial standpoint (e.g., economic, organizational risks, employee / skill capacities, contractual risks, acceptance criteria, change request Site Installation Engineer Professional & Expert strategies for risk avoidance or mitigation of risks for the project and implements these strategies, e.g. formulation of claims and follow-up thereof, as well as defense against claims
- Plans the requisite site employee resources for the site (qualitative: skills, quantitative: headcount).
- Stipulates deployment of employees and effectively uses resources. Ensures targeted and comprehensive communication within the site team.
- Agrees on targets with the site employees and delegates defined responsibilities to the right employees.
- Coaches the team/individual employees and gives individuals and groups feedback on performance and expectations during the course of the project.
- Holds performance evaluations that focus on the comparison of specified/actual skills (knowledge, experience) and proficiencies in the context of current project tasks and derives vitalqa training and career development measures (as or with manager who has disciplinary responsibility) to give feedback on performance and conduct during the project and recommend future career development measures
What You Bring
- Several years of proven experience in construction of complex industrial projects (preferable for combined cycle power plant projects)
- Experience working on several sites as a technical supervisor / technical commissioning supervisor
- Experience in leading and managing subordinates
- Experience working in teams with an international makeup, acceptance of other cultures is a prerequisite
- Degree (or equivalent) in a mechanical, electrical or civil engineering field
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Nice-to-have PM Certification (e.g., IPMA Level B or C)
- Willingness to work in any foreign country, mobility, fitness for service in tropical areas.
- Fluency in written & spoken English, nice-to-have Spanish language skills.
About the Team
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of groundbreaking technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected.
With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same.
Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Rewards / Benefits
- The opportunity to engage in an exciting environment on challenging projects.
- Strong professional support and working with colleagues around the world.
- Professional development opportunities within the company.
- To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment in a position that entails a large responsibility.