Software Developer & Dynamic Simulation Specialist (EN)
Let's Talk About You!
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
A Snapshot of Your Day
The mission of our Software Developer & Dynamic Simulation Specialist is to develop and maintain the design and simulation software supporting the decarbonization of tomorrow’s energy systems by detail planning and implementing new or enhanced functionalities, as well as error analysis and fixing.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Take full responsibility for the development and maintenance of the design and simulation software that supports the decarbonization of tomorrow’s energy.
- Develop concepts, detail-planning and implement new or enhanced functionalities, as well as analyze and fix errors.
- Work in an agile, cross functional and international team of experts and developers.
- Program / write codes, perform unit test as per functional requirements.
- Programmatically represent complex mathematical models that capture engineering knowledge and rules.
- Provide user support for applications deployed on production environment.
- Bring in your process technology knowledge and experience for dynamic system simulation, including modelling of simple to complex systems, performing the dynamic simulation with Dymola or with Siemens Energy in-house tools and interpretation of the results.
What You Bring
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or in the stream of engineering science (physics, mechanical or process engineering) with strong software development background or in a related field.
- Experience in the programming languages C++, C#, and Python, as well as in working with Code Repository Software (GIT).
- Nice-to-have experience in numerical mathematics, in static and dynamic process simulation and model building with e.g., Modelica.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and cloud-based application development.
- Experience with project management tool, source/version control such as: Team Foundation Server, JIRA - Experience in working with agile methodology & in developing distributed systems.
- Passionate and motivated in your work in a result-oriented way that can contribute to the team along with your experience and knowledge.
- Social competence, the ability to work in international teams, high communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Position is also suitable to/for graduates from university.
About the Team
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of cutting edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected.
With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same.
Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Rewards / Benefits
- The opportunity to engage in an exciting environment on challenging projects
- Strong professional support and working with colleagues around the world
- Professional development opportunities within the company
- To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment in a position that entails a large responsibility