Project Engineering Manager
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Siemens Energy active
View all jobs Project Engineering Manager active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Let's Talk About You!
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
A Snapshot of Your Day
As a Project Engineering Manager, you have full ownership of all Engineering disciplines in a bid or execution project for power plants and corresponding decarbonized and hybrid solutions. You'll lead and integrate the Engineering team in a bid or execution project, comprising of various Engineering disciplines (e.g., thermal, process, mechanical, civil, plant layout, electrical, controls & instrumentation etc.)
How You'll Make an Impact
During bid preparation (together with team and partners):
- Evaluate and comment customer specification
- Design technical concepts in order to provide highly competitive bids
- Manage design and preparation of technical bid documents for all disciplines
- Estimate required Engineering budget (hours) for later project execution,
- Perform (hardware) cost estimates together with procurement
- Clarify technical topics, division of scope, schedule with customer / consultants and external partners.
During Project Execution (together with team and partners)
- Overall manage scope, schedule, cost for Engineering disciplines
- Manage Engineering related risks and opportunities
- Conduct and integrate over disciplines and contract requirements basic and detail design for complete Engineering scope (except OEM equipment)
- Manage technical contract execution with suppliers and contractors for externally purchased items
- Follow up on cost-to-complete for Engineering hours and externally purchased items
- Overall control on Engineering documents and data management in liaison with project administrator.
- Conduct regular design and scope reviews, assure that findings are followed up by corrective actions
- Coordinate all site topics, related to Design and Engineering.
- Manage interaction with external partners (customers, consultants, authorities, suppliers etc.) and internal partners on all technical topics
- Focus on quality and environmental, health & safety
- Support interaction with customers, consultants, authorities, external partners
What You Bring
- College degree, preferable within the field of engineering or process engineering and with minimum 10 years’ experience in related Engineering fields from the power generation and EPC market
- 5 years of experience in overall technical project management
- Site and commissioning experience
- Knowledge about Building Information Modeling (BIM) methodology, related software & tools, data exchange strategies and BIM processes
- Strategic orientation with a detailed knowledge of products and power plant components, services and markets of industrial power plant / Combined Heat and Power solution business
- Customer focus: capability of changing perspectives and adapting strategies and actions to the dynamic environment
- Leadership capabilities to lead an international Engineering team to achieve highest performance results
- Coaching of team members, alignment with PM
- Intercultural sensitivity, in order to work in (virtual) international team
- Self-motivation with high energy drive and business sense
- Capable to cope with stress and high workload
- Capability of multitasking, with excellent organizational skills while assuring a high-quality work process
- Flexibility and willingness to be present on sites and with customers and 3rd parties around the globe as per needs
- Proficiency in English
About the Team
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of cutting edge technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company.
We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same.
Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Rewards / Benefits
- The opportunity to engage in an exciting environment on challenging projects
- Strong professional support and working with colleagues around the world
- Professional development opportunities within the company
- To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment in a position that entails a large responsibility