Your enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge are what pulls you out of bed in the morning. You’re looking for a career opportunity that allows you to prove yourself and your skills, day after day. You want your experience and capabilities to have a life-changing impact on other people. You are the Software Engineer we are looking for. ORTEC is leveraging data & mathematics to create value for businesses and society at large. In today’s rapidly changing, complex and data-driven world, it is key that organizations become adaptive and continuously optimized. Using data in a smart way makes business more efficient, adaptive, effective and sustainable. Our data-driven decision support leads to better results in virtually any business value area.
As our Software Engineer you will thrive on building and improving our full cloud native products and services which form the solution suites for several business areas. Some of the challenges you will face are implementing business logic, how to store data effectively in a no sql database, how to increase performance and throughput and how to apply and uphold DDD (domain-driven design) & Security principles for API’s. You work with a multi-disciplinary international team, in an Agile development environment, and together you are responsible for the development of new functionalities, deployment, maintenance and support of the products and services.
Who you are
- At least 3 years working experience in this field
- Experienced in designing software, e.g. know what design patterns and SOLID are
- Experience in writing technical designs
- Experience with Microsoft stack: .NET Core, ASP.Net Core, C# 7.0, LINQ
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure cloud (e. g. services like App Service, Azure Functions, Web Jobs, Application Insights, CosmosDB, Service Bus, Azure SQL, etc.)
- Used to working in an agile software development environment, with: code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration/deployment
- Familiar with or strong interest in Domain-driven design
- Willingness to take part in on-call duties to support our customers 24/7 (approx. 8 weeks per year). You will be generously compensated.
- We believe in commitment: your permanent contract will be waiting for you
- Join our company and improve the world
- Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
- Mobility allowance of 3% of your base salary
- Year-end bonus equal to a full month’s pay
- NS Business Card, lease opportunity or commuting allowance: it’s your choice
- 25 annual leave days, additional days from the age of 35
- Active employee association for fun activities with colleagues and content driven Young ORTEC for you to join
- We help you to #stayhealthy, to #stayeffective and to #stayconnected: we organize online activities such as pub quizzes, online sports events, social calls with colleagues, and when possible, offline events will be common practice as well again.
We will help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging, practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate in a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 800 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark and Singapore.