Senior Tax Analyst
The Sr. Tax Analyst is responsible for effective reporting and control of the VAT affairs, supporting strategies to optimize overall tax burden while complying with relevant legislation. The scope of work will cover all sub regional subsidiaries across the different businesses.
• Produces VAT return information from the accounting system.
• Reconciliation of the VAT control accounts and records+ Erecs approval
• Maintains the accuracy of VAT transactions on the accounting systems
• Executes SAP/ ERP VAT setting for accurate VAT reporting
• Issue log resolution
• Document check
• Supports the implementation of new business, systems and processes into the RFC, may participate in the SAP implementation of new businesses within EMEA
• Ensures the overall SBU awareness of modification in VAT legislation.
• Supports the (SOX) , External& Internal Audit testing for VAT and other tax cycles, VAT audits
• Assists and supports team members in their investigations
• Acts as guidance point for VAT Analyst/deputy team leader upon needs, may supervise VAT Analyst
• Develops Technical expertise and drives process standardization in own cluster of countries
• Work with the team to review VAT compliance set up in relation to existing business scenarios or newly created business scenarios
• Contributes to the smooth running of the RFC VAT Team by performing other tasks as required.
• Ability to allocate tasks, when needed
• Ability to guide others through the resolution of complex matters
• Focus on process enhancement
• Business Administration or similar degree
• 3+ years’ experience in one of the following areas of Finance – Business Finance, Treasury, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
• At least 1-2 years’ experience indirect tax knowledge with 1 year in a tax-focused role