Accounting Assistants (Nicosia - Cyprus)
Baker Tilly South East Europe is a leading firm of auditors, accountants, tax consultants and business advisors, operating in Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Moldova and Greece. Country offices are independent member firms of Baker Tilly International; one of the Top 10 largest networks of the sector.
A blend of young graduates and mature professionals create a fresh, innovative and forward-looking working environment. Our people are at the forefront, with the firm nurturing a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration and inclusion.
• Holder of LCCI Higher or other accounting qualifications.
• University Degree in Accounting or related field will be considered an advantage.
• Holder or studying towards the AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) or CAT (Certified Accounting Technician) qualification will be considered an advantage.
• Computer Literacy, with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Romanian.
• Collect information for the daily bookkeeping.
• Record and maintain proper accounting records.
• Prepare daily reconciliations of banks, debtors and creditors.
• Process invoices, receipts and payments.
• Assist in payroll processing.
• Assist in the preparation of documentation related to the annual audit, Income Tax and VAT returns.
• Assist in the preparation of accounting and financial reports of the company.
• Provide assistance to the Financial Controller on a daily basis to ensure smooth operation of the accounting department.
• Engage in various administrative duties.