Embedded Computer Vision Engineer for Self-Driving Vehicles, Cluj
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people's lives. Whether in areas of Automated Driving, Electric & Connected Mobility, IoT or Connectivity, our ideas make driving safer and more comfortable than ever before. This is only possible with the help of more than 1000 talented engineers from Bosch Engineering Center Cluj specialized in software, hardware & mechanics and reliability engineering, who work closely together with other Engineering Centers within Bosch and with Bosch Cluj Plant in order to offer unique products and AIoT solutions to our clients from around the world.
So, are you ready to shape the future of the mobility together with us? Let us tell you more. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Mathematics, Automation and Industrial Informatics, Electronics and Telecommunications or comparable
- You have at least 2 years of experience in Software Development for Embedded Systems
- You have good algorithms, data structures and software design background
- You have computer vision, image processing, machine learning, deep learning, or numerical methods experience
- You have experience with C/C++ programming for diverse micro-architectures
- You have experience with at least one versioning system (Git, SVN)
- You have knowledge of several optimization techniques for at least one embedded platform with the aim of achieving real-time performance
- You have experience with parallel programming/multi-threading, thread synchronization and scheduling
- Assembly language programming knowledge is a plus
- You are team oriented, showing initiative, perseverance, and attention to details
- You are collaborative, autonomous, proactive, and structured with excellent problem solving skills
- You are self-organized and able to estimate, prioritize and schedule own tasks
- Proficiency in English is mandatory. German know-how is a plus.
Nice to have:
- You are passionate about self-driving vehicles, video technologies, algorithms, software, data
- You have an engineering mindset and a strong interest in new technologies
- You have know-how or willingness to learn more from one of the following fields: pattern recognition, signal processing, computational geometry, statistics, etc.
- You have GPU programming skills (CUDA, OpenCL)
- You possess low level programming know-how (DSPs, FPGAs)
- You have knowledge of SIMD instructions sets
Ways of Working
Hybrid working is the new way of working! We offer super nice and cozy office spaces, however you can also work from home if you feel like it (70% remote work)
Our #LikeABosch benefits:
- 25 days of annual leave
- Medical subscription
- Accident insurance
- A monthly budget which can be used for several different services on an online benefit platform
- Annual bonus
- Relocation bonus
- Lunch discounts
- Sport activities and well-being initiatives
- Technical and soft skills trainings
- Access to e-learning platforms
- Local and Global career development programs
- Bookster subscription
We are currently looking for an Embedded Computer Vision Engineer for Self-Driving Vehicles to work within our team.
We are a strong team of professionals with activities ranging from embedded video perception, using machine learning and 3D computer vision algorithms, core technology for assisted and automated driving (oriented towards various mobile platforms such as cars, motorcycles, etc.), up to data engineering and cloud-based solutions.
Since computer vision and machine learning algorithms require a lot of computational power, a key part of an embedded video perception product is the ability to fit all these algorithms inside an embedded platform, through diverse parallelization and optimization schemes.
In your role you will:
- You will design, deploy, and optimize computer vision and machine learning algorithms for video-based driver assistance systems and self-driving vehicles
- You will implement and optimize real-time embedded mono and stereo video processing technologies based on state-of-the-art computer vision (ex: stereovision and structure from motion, 3D reconstruction, projective geometry, numerical methods, 3D data processing and tracking, camera calibration) and artificial intelligence methods (ex: machine learning for objects detection and classification, semantic scene segmentation)
- You will derive performance evaluations of the optimized computer vision and machine learning algorithms
- You will validate and evaluate your results using offline automatic simulation frameworks, online directly on the target platform, as well as using Bosch test vehicles.
- Programming Languages: C/C++
- Target - CPU: ARM Cortex A family or similar
- Target - Hardware Accelerators: DSPs, GPUs, Neural Networks Accelerators, etc.
- Versioning system: Git
- Various tools and simulators from our automotive SoC vendors