Senior Big Data Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Edenred Digital Center active
View all jobs Senior Big Data Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Edenred is a pioneer, a tech leader and the everyday companion for people at work across more than 46 countries.
Our 10,000 employees are committed to making the world of work a better place for all, one that is safer, more efficient and more user-friendly. At Edenred, our passion for customers, respect, imagination, simplicity and entrepreneurial spirit are our values. For anyone who needs to vibe in their professional life, we are the best place for you to work and grow.
The Edenred Digital Center (EDC) in Bucharest, Romania is Edenred Group's largest Digital hub for strategic Tech projects.
Required skills & profile
· 2+ years experience,
· 1+ years’ experience on Big data technology (spark) and concept of parallelism of processing using parquet / delta lake.
· Skills in more classical data technology in general is a nice to have (SQL, ADF).
· Good communication skills, listening & understanding, flexibility & teamwork
Job description and key responsibilities
The candidate will be having the lead on the design, development of the data solution that requires advanced skills in Big Data technical stack that is used within Edenred, which are mostly:
· Spark for the processing, based on usage of Databricks clusters & Synapse,
· Parquet and Delta lake for the storage format.
Other processing languages (SQL, M ...) or storage (SQL DB, Cosmo DB …) are used within the department but are not at the hearth of the Big data topic on which Edenred want to reinforce its expertise.
The role of the Big Data Engineer will be to:
· Define, in coordination with the data architect, the guidelines to be applied worldwide in Edenred regarding Big data practices (naming convention, development patterns to put in place, solution to privilege …)
· Provide expertise internally, so that the other team members (5 to 10 Data engineers) can rely on someone being able to peer review and to explain how to improve the code created. As well, in case of problem coming from other OpCo / department using similar solution, the Big Data engineer may act as an expert from time to time.
· Develop the more complex and/or strategy / business critical data pipelines within the projects handle in the data department.
· Support the operational in charge of pipeline supervision, whenever a production issue involving Spark / associated code occurs and need an expertise to be solved.
In term of organization, the Senior Big Data Engineer will not have any direct report and will be in a team of various data profiles : Data Engineers using SQL, Power BI tools, Data DevOps or Data Scientists
The profile will be under the direct management of a team leader who has the responsibility to ensure that projects et applications are managed in an appropriate manners. Its location is in Edenred Digital Center, Bucharest Romania.
The ideal candidate is a Senior Big Data Engineer that has good knowledge on Spark / Datalake / Big Data storage (parquet, delta lake, Elastic Search, etc.
Joining us means:
Taking part in an ambitious corporate project
Becoming part of a team that embraced the digitalization challenge and enjoys this transformation every day
Living our values every day: passions for customers, respect, imagination, simplicity, entrepreneurial spirit.
You will greatly contribute to build the project that will improve the customers’ experience on an international level
You will get exposure to various global cultures and teams You will be working with the newest technologies to build a new platform from scratch
We offer you a very pleasant working environment, in the heart of Bucharest
We also have for you: meal tickets, holiday vouchers, health subscription, flexible hours, work from home, flexible benefits system, on-the-job training & e-learning platforms.
And we do not stop here!