Junior Data Specialist Intern
About the jobJunior Data Specialist – Summer Internship Programme
Finastra are one of the worlds’ largest fintechs and we’re currently hiring Data Specialists to join our 3-month summer internship programme. This scheme is suited to candidates in their third or final year of study who are looking to get an insight into a Data Specialist role and we’ll provide you with mentorship and training throughout the programme to help you develop your skills. You’ll need to be able to start the internship in early June and it will last for 12 weeks.
What You’ll Do
Data Specialists contribute to driving enhancements to data quality by analysing trends, identifying data gaps, investigating data enrichment opportunities and evaluating new data sources. During the internship you ’ll be responsible for :
- Collaborat ing with stakeholders to understand their data requirements and implement approaches for identifying and addressing data related issues and improvements
- Liais ing with service management and product owners to identify opportunities to address data quality issues or data gaps and determine the best way to resolve these
- Identify ing systemic or personnel related data quality issues, escalate these and track issues to resolution
- Manag ing large data cleanup operations as well as ad hoc data fixes, perform data investigations to determine root causes and evolve data quality monitoring and trends
- Develop ing and produc ing KPI reporting/dashboards and analysis of data issues and report on trends as well as maintaining and implementing new features into PowerBI dashboards
- Liais ing with Change, Configuration and Asset Managers to make sure Configuration Items (CIs) are effectively recorded and any issues are addressed
- Support ing Asset Management activities across the Service Management group; track, update and maintain Asset reports and run complex queries to generate reports
- You’ll have a strong interest in data processing and data warehouse / big data environments
- You’ll have experience in SQL, RestAPI or other data manipulation tools
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact your recruitment partner.