Platform Support Specialist
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs bitExpert active
View all jobs Platform Support Specialist active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
bitExpert - Our pulse is cross-technology software development that beats with every line of code.
Join our international team of more than 40 colleagues. As different as we are, we all have one thing in common – the curiosity about technology and knowledge. We are an experienced, motivated, purposeful, and cheerful team that is always looking forward to new challenges.
• Experience in Linux (various distributions) Administration
• Expertise in VMWare Administration
• Experience with installing, configuring, and administration of GPFS, IBM BPM, IBM Operational Decision Manager
• Ability to comprehend and respond to process changes, exhibit adherence and make judgmental decisions
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences of varying technical aptitudes
• Ability to work well with the team and on various projects (shared team environment)
• Ability to learn from other members of the team
• Ability to perform tasks with little supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
• Ability to conceptualize problems
• Willingness to learn new things & technologies (Site Reliability engineering direction)
• Communicative competence (pro-active)
• Should be able to mentor junior members of the team.
• Should act as a role model
• Flexible if the workflow is changing
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Team player
• Highly motivated
Working days: Monday to Friday
Working hours: 09:00-18:00
On-call support required outside business hours (including weekend and bank holidays)
Tasks and activities:
• Supporting remotely of hybrid cloud infrastructure based on the local delivery framework
• Responsible for uptime, performance, reliability, scalability, security, and high availability of infrastructure machines
• Troubleshoot performance issues, OS configuration, and hardware failures and apply fixes
• Support incidents and perform root cause analysis for service interruption issues. Fix the root cause, not the effect.
• Create and implement change requests for incidents/problems as needed
• Ensure compliance with security guidelines
• Work closely with application teams on troubleshooting issues as well as planning requirements for new servers
• To exchange and handover skills and solutions to other areas within Kyndryl
• Identify and implement potential points for automation (proactive or agreed upon with customer)
• Agree and define work methodology for DevOps with the customer and Kyndryl
• Deploy coding and automation based on the customer and IBM agreed-upon methodology
• Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive documentation and diagrams. Maintain expert level of knowledge in areas of expertise.
Nice to have:
• Understanding of PureApplication Systems solution
• Experience with middleware components (Websphere, DB2)
• Experience with automation/configuration management using tools like Ansible, Chef, or an equivalent
• A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl, and/or Ruby)
• Experience with backup tools such as Tivoli TSM
• Experience with system monitoring tools implementation and analyzing results
• ITIL Certified