.Net Software Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs GE Digital Grid active
View all jobs .Net Software Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
GE Digital is one of GE pillars focusing Energy Management software solutions and looking to change the world through its involvement in the Energy Transition.
Electricity markets – Critical IT systems – Trading Platform – near real-time applications. The project is executed within an international environment involving software development activities in multiple sites and multiple countries. Hence technical skills, interpersonal communication (in oral and written form), self-organization, reporting, autonomy, and decision making are of utmost importance.
In this role, you will primarily:
- Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment to ensure using the latest software development technologies and practices
- Translate requirements / vision to deliver to required timelines and world-class quality standards
- Promote, participate, and support process improvements, which guide the development, sustainability & support activities
- Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI/CD, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Work on business-specific core data structures and algorithms, and implement them using chosen technologies
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
Your primary responsibility will be to build .NET applications, full stack, and to coordinate with the members of cross-functional teams. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven working experience and strong knowledge of .NET Web Framework, as well as proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of their ecosystems
- Skills for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code, as well as strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Good client-facing skills; English – fluent (both oral and written).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, etc.)
- Database: MS SQL Server experience
- Software architecture & design knowledge and experience: Multi-tiered software, service oriented, high-availability, security, high-performance.
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Experience with Agile SWS Development Methodology and SCRUM
- Experience in UI/UX
- Experience working on software projects in the Energy domain (Energy Management, Oil & Gas, Power & Water)
- Experience with Windows and Unix / Linux based programming
- Software management tools: JIRA, Team City, Jenkins.
- Application servers: IIS.
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective team building and problem-solving abilities
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
- Strong induction process (a dedicated 1-month ramp-up period).
- An open communication culture in a friendly environment and with supportive teammates
- Strong focus and real opportunities for Career Development (including LinkedIn Learning subscription and full access to GE’s learning knowledge base).
- Flexible working hours and a well-defined work-from-home policy.
- Annual, performance-based, salary review; Impact awards for outstanding performance.
- Increased number of vacation days, according to your work-experience, as well as Additional days off (such as March 8th, 3rd Easter day).
- Private Medical Insurance for you (can also be extended for family members).
- Vacation bonus with an annual payout.
- Attractive financial compensations for roles involving external travels and on-site missions.
- Fully customized development and training programs all throughout the year.
- Multiple subscriptions, discounts and vouchers available (such as Bookster subscription, Corporate discount to fitness services, Gift vouchers for Christmas and Easter holiday, Daily meal vouchers)
- Wellbeing program with multiple events focused on a healthy lifestyle, free apps to support your healthy habits and free employee assistance program, provided by specialized counselors.
- Benefits for children (special occasions gifts, vouchers and events).
- Free underground parking space for those who want to work from the office: one of the best locations in town: Aviatorilor 8 office building, in Victoriei square;