We are Schlumberger
Our story begins with what it truly means to be a technology innovator. It stems from a common sense of purpose that unites the people of Schlumberger who, representing more than 160 nationalities, provide leading digital solutions and deploy ground-breaking technologies to enable performance and sustainability that are crucial for the global energy industry.
With expertise in more than 120 countries, we partner with customers in close collaboration to create industry-changing technologies that unlock cleaner, safer access to energy for every community—including those we live and work in.
We are Schlumberger, and we are leading the energy industry forward—together.
We are industry leaders because of our exceptional and talented people. They are the core that drives our purpose and integrity, which fuel our belief that everyone should have the opportunity to reach their greatest potential. Ever-evolving and constantly innovating, we transcend every cultural and technological boundary set before us. Indeed, it is our diversity that makes us stronger. Together, we achieve more.
What are we looking for?
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for delivering high-quality purchasing services on a day-to-day basis according to defined procedures, respecting quantity, quality and timing. This person ensures quality of services provided and contributes to improvement and knowledge management of purchasing processes.
• Be responsible for purchase order (PO) processing. • Support the user defining purchase requests when needed.
• Define the correct buying channel for each request; choose the best supplier in terms of price, quality, and lead time.
• Ensure that a PO is created correctly (currencies, quantity, etc.), and follow up on any issues related to PO creation.
• Create and dispatch POs to supplier.
• Involve Global Sourcing when purchase threshold is exceeded (over $100K)
• Follow up that confirmation of Po's are done by vendors
• Create and maintain source list and PIR (Purchase Info record)
• Manage day-to-day interactions with suppliers and PSP Specialist.
• Escalate complex issues to the Category Procurement Leader.
• Perform knowledge management.
• Perform problem solving for noncomplex issues with operations users.
• Trigger catalog and buying guide updates when required.
• Propose documentation changes and process improvements when required.
• Track deviations and raise nonconformances in QUEST.
• Participate in continuous improvement projects.
• Use all required procurement tools when required or mandated by process (SAP, PCA, ASL, QUEST)
- Previous experience in commercial negotiating with suppliers;
- Effective Business Communication (Written and Oral);
- Ability to interact in English and potentially other language relevant in local hub;
- Ability to work quickly and on numerous requests simultaneously while under timeline pressures;
- Organizational and communication skills;
- Detail-oriented team players;
- Negotiation skills;
- Passion for customer service;
- Effective at cross-functional / cross-cultural teamwork;
We are looking forward to meet you!