Linux System Administrator
Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how does it support you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
• Experience with Unix/Linux
• Excellent knowledge of standard Linux tools & scripting languages (e.g Ruby, Bash, Perl, Python)
• Experience with a RESTful architecture
• Experience with microservices-based architecture and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Understanding of IP networking and data center infrastructure
• Internet protocols like HTTP, HTPP/2, RTP, RTCP, RTSP, RTMP, UDP, ARP, ICMP
• Experience in supporting VMware environments
• Experience in configuring and maintaining a range of common server applications, such as Apache, Samba, Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, SQL, etc.
• Understanding of network security practices including the use of VPNs, ACLs, and firewalls
• Proficient spoken and written English
• Excellent communication and people skills, attention to detail;
• Support and lead entire architecture(Linux Based) for Video services.
• Performs configurations fixing on various components.
• Guide in the analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with vendors and other Corporate teams as needed
• Administrate SQL databases, Perl and PHP application scripts, and storage systems.
• Positive, constructive agile approach with an emphasis on partnership and flexibility;
• Develop custom scripts for the automation of certain operational tasks and service monitoring of the Interactive Video solutions.
• Improve the propose solutions for customer needs and operational optimizations;
• Provide work instructions and improvements of the processes;
• Work to identify and drive improvements
Will represent a plus:
• Delivery Platforms and Apps (IOS, Android, HTML5)
• Audio and Video coding/decoding technologies
• Experience in systems automation, configuration management, automated server builds, and monitoring tools. e.g: Puppet, Jenkins
• Knowledge &/or experience of using Amazon Web Services, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, etc.