Data Services Team Lead
Sustainalytics, a Morningstar Company, provides high-quality, analytical environmental, social and governance (ESG) research, ratings and data to institutional investors and companies.
For more than 25 years, our firm has focused on delivering innovative solutions that have enabled the world’s leading institutional investors to identify, understand, and manage ESG-driven risks and opportunities. With Sustainalytics now a part of Morningstar, we’re accelerating our efforts to bring meaningful ESG insights to investors of all types across different asset classes at the company and fund level.
Sustainalytics’ Corporate Solutions unit works with hundreds of companies and their financial intermediaries to help them consider sustainability in policies, practices and capital projects.
To learn more information about us, please visit our website.
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business/Management or related field;
• Relevant work experience in team management/stakeholder relationship management/project management, in a data-centric environment;
• Strong business acumen, technical mindset, proven understanding of data delivery concepts and best practices;
• Proficiency in project planning and monitoring of project progress;
• Leadership skills, team builder, striving for excellence, with non-negotiable integrity;
• Great communicator, inquisitive mind, customer-centric and solution-driven;
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, complex and multifaceted operational environment.
• Lead by example, engaging the team to achieve goals and acting proactively to ensure smooth team operations;
• Coach high achievers, support their career development and monitor performance (through weekly check-ins, workload rebalancing, quarterly OKRs setting and performance reviews);
• Guide the team on addressing client queries in a timely manner and partner with cross-functional stakeholders on building internal OLAs;
• Oversee daily operations and support the team on addressing any challenges that may arise e.g.: assessing the technical feasibility of new one-off/recurring deliverable requests in accordance with Data Services’ procedures, handling technical issues, prioritizing competing tasks and client inquiries etc;
• Coordinate change management activities/inventories/transition projects with regard to data deliveries, mitigating risks in a proactive manner;
• Identify opportunities for process optimization and operational efficiency, develop and manage detailed project plans, effectively allocating resources to meet the defined goals and monitoring progress;
• Drive continuous quality improvement, making sure internal and external quality concerns are dealt with properly;
• Liaise with internal stakeholders to drive the root cause analysis and problem resolutions;
• Run team meetings, deliver presentations and report on KPIs to higher management;
• Create/Review and manage internal and external documentation on data delivery;
Nice to have:
• Technical skills including Power BI/SQL/Python/APIs knowledge/experience;
• Project management certification.