Software DevOps Engineer
bitExpert - Our pulse is cross-technology software development that beats with every line of code.
Join our international team of more than 40 colleagues. As different as we are, we all have one thing in common – the curiosity about technology and knowledge. We are an experienced, motivated, purposeful, and cheerful team that is always looking forward to new challenges.
MunichRe API Management (aka MR APIM) offers a global cloud API management platform for easily publishing, managing, discovering and consuming both internal and customer-facing APIs in a stable, secure and scalable environment. The core platform is based on Microsoft Azure API management and allows MR teams to publish their APIs autonomously.
The technical solution is completed by a consulting offering and an API program that should act as an enabler for API-based business models at Munich Re.
The API Management project team is responsible for providing software solutions allowing the API publisher teams to fulfil their configuration and deployment tasks and the API users (internal and external partners) to consume these APIs. The team is responsible as well as for the setup and the run of the infrastructure services hosting these APIs. The APIM team acts in a DevOps mode.
The project is working in an agile development approach: backlog, repository (git) and pipelines are managed via Azure DevOps.
We follow the MR project and product methodology “MR Essentials.
This position will be remote and the working time is from 09:00 am until 08:00 pm (CET)
- Azure DevOps, CI/CD technologies
- Quality tools (unit testing…)
• Working experience with Microsoft application developments especially PowerShell and Azure DevOps Pipelines
• Ideally working experience with Microsoft Azure services and infrastructure deployment (for example with ARM templates and/or Terraform)
• Working experience in the area of software development ideally with focus on web development and REST API design and consumption
• Professional knowledge in common development domains like version control (Git), automated deployment/testing
• Sound knowledge of agile development methodology incl. DevOps covering the whole life cycle of a software product (incl. maintenance)
• Experience in technical and user product documentation
• Highly committed, good communication skills and ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Excellent communication skills in English and ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Agile Work ethics
- Clean code approach
• understand business requirements and use cases
• design (inside existing architecture), implement, test, deploy and operate technical solutions around API management (incl. API developer portal)
• support publisher teams at 3rd level (incl. ticket management and communication)
• support the consulting service around API publication by onboarding and tools provided
Nice to have:
- Azure services
- Restful APIs and API management principles
What we offer:
International team of motivated and experienced people
Work and development in a multinational environment
Opportunity to learn and grow