Software Defined Network Specialist
bitExpert - Our pulse is cross-technology software development that beats with every line of code.
Join our international team of more than 40 colleagues. As different as we are, we all have one thing in common – the curiosity about technology and knowledge. We are an experienced, motivated, purposeful, and cheerful team that is always looking forward to new challenges.
• Basics of IT, Servers, Storage and Cloud Computing
• NSX V / NSXT Technology Certification and experience
• Applies infrastructure technology, tools and concepts to attain project/business unit objectives.
• Ability to apply this knowledge without direct guidance.
• Demonstrates the required proficiency levels for technical infrastructure skills.
• Knowledge and experience with networking technologies such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, Spanning Tree, EIGRP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, QoS, Fibre Channel, BGP is required
• Demonstrated experience installing, configuring, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting an enterprise-class network infrastructure
• Understands manages, and troubleshoots IT security architectures involving fire-wall/VPN, Intrusion detection/ prevention, authorization/authentication, network traffic management, network access control, and threat identification and mitigation systems.
• Understanding of enterprise-class networking technologies from vendors such as Cisco/Juniper/Brocade/Checkpoint
• Experience with Virtualization (VMware) and Linux (IPTables)
• Ability to evaluate Network and Network Components Performance
• Experience in Monitoring and Management Tools
Network Architecture skills:
• Switches and routers (Cisco, Vyatta, Fortigate and Juniper)
• Network Function Virtualization
• Network Security
• Firewalls (Cisco, Vyatta, and Juniper )
• Load BalancerWAN Accelerator and Interceptor
• Monitoring and Management Tools
• Strong Network troubleshooting skills
• Ability to structure, draft and review technical documentation
• Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
• Should be able to mentor junior members of the team.
• Willingness to learn new things
• Flexible if the workflow is changing
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Communicative competence (pro-active)
• Team player
• A very positive attitude towards life
• Highly motivated
Network Specialist will be responsible for the Network Solution design, installation, decommission, and ongoing support of Network Infrastructure, including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, and Load Balancers across a wide range of solutions supporting the Strategic Outsourcing client base. This will be done in collaboration with the companies Communications Service Providers including AT&T and other global providers.
The Network Specialist’s role will include the following responsibilities:
• Work with the Solution Architect, Application workload teams, Cloud Platform teams, Project Managers and Communications Service Providers to Implement, Configure and Test Network Solution Designs
• Install, configure and support network components (i.e Brocade Vyatta Firewall, SDN in Softlayer), LANs, WANS, network segments
• Perform network incident resolution
• Perform network problem resolution and root cause analysis
• Analyzes problems and suggests infrastructure solutions involving network technology, methodology, process, tools, and solution components
• Perform infrastructure changes: Adds, Deletes, Changes to client connectivity, network capacity (i.e. bandwidth upgrades), inter-geo connectivity
• Evaluate and modify system's performance
• Proactively determine improvement points for the network in scope
• Document the network solution; create and maintain “as-built drawings”
• Maintain the integrity of the network and security
• Assist on performing annual Security re-certifications
• Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
• Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services
• Maintain network servers such as VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems, etc.
• Works effectively with other team members to understand project needs in order to implement network infrastructure solutions to meet those needs. Works with team members, including customer, subcontractor personnel and other personnel to achieve the team's technical and schedule goals.
What we offer:
International team of motivated and experienced people
Work and development in a multinational environment
Opportunity to learn and grow
Occasional work from home and flexible working hours