Cloud Automation Engineer
bitExpert - Our pulse is cross-technology software development that beats with every line of code.
Join our international team of more than 40 colleagues. As different as we are, we all have one thing in common – the curiosity about technology and knowledge. We are an experienced, motivated, purposeful, and cheerful team that is always looking forward to new challenges.
• BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or similar experience
• English: proficient (understanding, speaking and writing).
• Ability to learn alone and from other members of the team
• Ability to monitor, report progress and achieve agreed deliverables with minimum supervision.
• Ability to document, certify, present and hand over (knowledge transfer) his work results.
• Scripting and Automation: Experienced. Can perform most scripting tasks with no assistance in a language of choice. Uses functions, flow control, conditional statements and understands basic unit testing concepts.
• Experience with a Configuration Management tool of at least 2 year (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack, CfEngine)
• Understands and uses regular expressions.
• Intermediatate understanding of JSON/YAML.
• Basic understanding of XML and XML technologies (XPath, XML Schema)& tools
• Infrastructure as Code concepts and tools (Terraform)
• Intermediate understanding of RESTful web services using HTTP, REST principles, XML or JSON. Basic understanding of SOAP.
• Understands and uses any centralized or distributed version control system (such as git, CVS, SVN, mercurial).
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools (such as Jenkins, CodeStream, Bamboo, Jazz Build Server).
• UNIX / Linux shell scripting (Bourne Shell / Korn Shell & POSIX tools). Uses tools such as curl, sed, awk, cut, tr, grep, sort, uniq, diff, patch, netcat to perform basic automation and text manipulation.
• Basic understanding of source code build tools (Maven, Gradle), debugging and troubleshooting is a plus
• Powershell scripting skills is considered a plus
• Jython / Python / Bash scripting skills is considered a plus
• Virtualization and Cloud Computing: Medium level virtualization skills. Can perform average complexity virtualization tasks with minimum assistance.
• Experience with provisioning native services in the public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware cloud)
• Experience with VMware products (vSphere ESXI, vCenter, VRA)
• Basic Understanding of Infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
• Basic Understanding of Platform as a Service (PaaS).
• Architectural Understanding
• Experience working with and/or managing systems in multi-datacenter environments, with HA and DR
• Can understand and/or document architecture, processes, workflows and blueprints.
• Operating Systems: Experienced (2 years+) Linux or Windows system engineer. Can perform most tasks with no assistance.
• Middleware and Database Skills
• Basic understanding of LDAP / Activ Directory
• Basic understanding of Enterprise Messaging (RabitMQ, Netcool)
• Basic understanding of Load Balancing (NSX Edge, F5).
• Basic understanding of SSL, Certificate Authorities and PKI.
• Is familiar with components like Apache, Microsoft IIS, Redis.
• Testing and Quality Assurance: Basic Testing and QA Skills is a plus
• Has used and understands Bug Reporting Tools and Concepts (such as Bugzilla, RTC, ClearQuest, JIRA, rt, etc.).
• Understands support processes and ticketing systems.
• Basic testing and QA skills.
• Storage and Networking:
• Basic Storage and Network Skills
• Basic understanding of Linux networking (iptables, NAT, port forwarding, redirect routes, iproute2 suite).
• Basic understanding of networking protocols and configuration, VLANS, DHCP, TFTP, BOOTP, DNS.
Nice to Have:
•Experience in Software Development Projects using agile development methodologies (SCRUM).
•Containers development experience (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Operators).
What we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• International team of motivated and experienced people
• Work and development in a multinational environment
• Opportunity to learn and grow