Embedded Software Delivery Manager
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs ALTEN Romania active
View all jobs Embedded Software Delivery Manager active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Management - Consulting active on Hipo.ro
ALTEN Romania, part of the international ALTEN Group - with a unique position as Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, provides support for its clients’ development strategies in the fields of innovation, R&D and IT systems since 1996. The company comprises 2 divisions specialized on its core capabilities: ENGINEERING and IT. These two divisions are: ALTEN TECHNO and ALTEN KEPLER.Requirements
To ensure the success in this role, you need the following experience and skills:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field and experience within a project management and staffing function.
• 2+ years of previous Project Management (or similar) experience.
• Experience with Embedded SW Development & Coordination.
• Knowledge of SW Development life cycle/process.
• Ability to push back on the business and collaborate with all related participants in the processes.
• Excellent organization and time management skills, prioritization and observance of deadlines.
• Strong documentation and writing skills.
• Good abilities of communication, relationship and presentation.
• Good level of English language. In addition to it, German language knowledge is a plus.
A typical day includes the following: Project management for Embedded Software Development teams:
> Managing teams of 12+ consultants (Product Owners and developers), teams that fulfil Work Packages’ activities for different clients.
> Specific activities (but not limited at), depending on the projects that are in progress:
- reporting to the client the monthly activities, tracking the worked hours, framed on different complexities / prices.
- alerting the client if he notices the decrease of the budgets on projects, anticipating and making sure that the Purchase Orders cover the months ahead.
- making estimations for the bids that he is requested to do or to provide support for, estimations in hours and resources necessary for the targeted projects.
- making the offer and uploading it into the client's system.
- annual technical evaluations with each of the coordinated consultants and discussions related to salary evolutions.
- ensuring HW and SW resources so that the team can carry out its activity (laptops ordered for new consultants or upgrades on the current ones => with Alten IT admins; project specific HW, provided by the client or by Alten, depending on the project).
- ensuring the preservation of the actual team; ensuring the team increase in order to cover the additional won projects.
> Recruitment – profitability – business development support:
- in case resignations or in case of newly won projects, where there is a new team has to be built, making the technical validation interviews and making the employment offers to the technically validated candidates. Different roles to be covered (e.g., Product Owner, developer, etc.).
- ensuring and optimizing the profitability margin established at the beginning of the semester.
- participation together with different Business Managers to different business development meetings (for new prospected clients), as a technical manager, in order to best understand the needs expressed by these potential clients from the technical point of view => then evaluate these projects in terms of needed hours and estimated prices + provide the requested support to the Business Managers in order to prepare the offer.