Director of Software Engineering (Cloud Contact Center)
8x8 is transforming the world of business communications.
We are passionate about developing industry-leading technology that brings people together anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device.
We are looking for an engineering leader to drive the development of our Contact Center platform, front-end as well as back-end services. This is a critical role with executive sponsorship reporting to the VP of Engineering.
As the market shifts from on-premise to cloud Contact Center, and as 8x8 caters to a growing number of experiences in it’s XCaaS vision (contact center, team messaging, video conferencing, CRM integrations, etc.), it’s essential we build atop common infrastructure and components.
The ideal candidate is passionate about 8x8’s mission, embraces end-to-end accountability (from architectural design to production operations), and has experience working across teams and geographies.
Core-qualifications we are looking for:
- Proven experience in managing software engineering teams in an Agile environment
- Successful prior career as a software engineer (Java or similar tech stack)
- Passion for quality and service availability
- Experience with both front-end and back-end technologies (JS/React/Redux/Java/Microservices/AWS)
- SaaS mindset - automate everything, take action on data (CI/CD)
Additional “nice-to-have” qualities that would help your application stand out:
- Experience with both consumer and enterprise apps
- Contact Center and/or CRM development experience
- Telephony experience - VOIP (SIP/RTP), WebRTC, etc.
- Proven success delivering to both end-user and internal customers
- Intuition for user experience and human behavior
Engineering leaders at 8x8 are expected to be technologists, strategists, and people managers. The job is about understanding our business and customers, developing a talented group, keeping them tightly focused, and quickly and safely delivering value to the market. Doing this effectively requires strengths in software development, project management, performance management, and cross-functional collaboration.
We’re not looking for a robot, we are looking for someone with personality, talent, and passion that wants to make the next step in their career inside our hugely successful company and someone with their own ideas that is capable of operating collaboratively and with autonomy.
In this role you will be trusted to:
- Lead and grow a talented multi-scrum team of over 30 software engineers, assisted by Product specialists, Project Management, Quality Engineers, and Operations staff.
- Empower your team who own key aspects of the product from farm to fork.
- Apply technical know-how and good leadership to enable delivery of innovative features and new concepts in conjunction with teams in London and San Jose.
This is a great opportunity if you are ready to take on a key position in a fast-paced environment and bring your contribution to the development of a unique suite of cloud-based enterprise applications.
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award-winning technology - 9x UCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader, 7x CCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Challenger
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Competitive compensation and benefits package