Quality Assurance Automation Working Student for Mail & Media team in Portal
About the company:
As part of United Internet Group, with more than 9800 employees and 25 million fee-based customer contracts, we are Europe’s leading internet specialist and largest hoster. Building the roof for strong brands such as 1&1, IONOS, STRATO, GMX, WEB DE, MAIL COM, 1&1 Versatel and the Drillisch Online brands, United Internet offers a broad portfolio of Internet access products and cloud applications.
Present in Romania since 2003, we are an Engineering Centre that lives and breathes technology.
Our engineering culture is shaped by the use of cloud native technologies, microservices combined with a DevOps attitude and an innovative mindset. We have a customer centric culture where every colleague is a contributor to our products’ design and success working closely with teams in Bucharest and abroad. Our strength lies in our team spirit and a positive and respectful interaction. In Romania, we have passionate teams sustaining the business segments of Access/Telecommunication, Mail & Media and Hosting, working and enjoying the 1&1 culture together.
About the team:
1&1 Mail & Media operates WEB.DE & GMX, two of Germany's largest Internet portals, as well as an Internet portal catering to an international audience – mail.com. Through these brands, we are able to reach over 40 million users monthly, hosting 55% of Germany’s email accounts.
In addition to a large editorial news section and Germany's by far most popular free e-mail service, 1&1 Mail & Media offers paid subscriptions to a variety of internet-based services, such as paid e-mail accounts, virus protection software or web hosting services.
In Romania, we are developing applications related to calendaring (we are also a member of the CalConnect international consortium), online office editor (we active contributors to open source Libre Office community as well), messaging, machine learning, and web hosting products.
Your Tasks: In this role, you will:
- Work on testing the functionality and content of customer facing products used on 1&1 Mail and Media Platforms
- Develop automated tests for front-end and backend services (mostly in Java / Gherkin / Cucumber)
- Plan, design, develop, execute and report different types of tests for our web-based products
- Be responsible for the documentation of the tests using TestFLO
- Organize the tests to ensure functionality coverage
- Report and document the bugs using Jira
- Give feedback to the product owner regarding the quality of the product
- Be involved in all stages of product development from conception until roll-out and beyond until closure
- Review requirement specification and technical documentation and proactively come with questions in order to further refine it
- Collaborate with partners both in the close team and in a distributed team in Germany
- Work with development and production databases (MySQL, Cassandra) to validate correct behavior of the application and, occasionally, extract reports
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Good knowledge of OOP concepts
- Previous experience in software quality assurance as tester
- Experience in using specific QA tools for planning, tracking and reporting test results
- Basic knowledge of RESTful Web Services
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Highly motivated, self-driven and interested in Quality Assurance
- Very good communication skills and a great team player
- ISTQB certification
- Experience with Agile development models
- Interest in web application security
- Experience with Linux and SQL
- Experience with Jenkins
- Previous experience in testing web platforms and client applications
- Previous experience in working with Java, Selenium WebDriver, Gherkin